Spicca cast in a Radian.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Anyone have pictures of kids in a cast with the Radian??

I have a client who would like to see what a child with a spicca cast will look like in a Radian.

TIA.

ADS

scoutingbear

I may have one on my computer that I can e-mail ONLY for this specific reason with the face blurred out. It is a young infant with a spica. We made the radian work and under the guidance of a special needs trained tech.

ETA: Don't have the picture...or at least, I can't find it. I thought I had a car seat file. Not sure where it went. Pm me if you want me to describe the set up.

Last edited:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is the Hippo available in Canada? I probably should know this, but don't. Because this is a medical issue, it may be possible to go that route if you can't get the Radian to work.

-N.

amyd

QuassEE said:
Is the Hippo available in Canada? I probably should know this, but don't. Because this is a medical issue, it may be possible to go that route if you can't get the Radian to work.

-N.

Yes, I think so. I've seen one here.

bubbaray

I think the Hippo is available in Canada with a prescription. OP, is the family dealing with SickKids? I would tell them to ask the OT department or the dr

tiggercat

QuassEE said:

-N.

It was available, but I don't think it is 2012 compliant. And older seats are not legal for loaning/buying. My understanding is that we don't have any SN seats available right now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
Yes she is dealing with Sickkids and they are very unhelpful. She was only told that she needed a seat and the name/number of a place that will rent her the Hippo. I am still trying to get more info.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC