In Search Of Lightwieht carrier

mommydev

I'm potentially looking for a mesh/lightweight carrier to use out and about this summer. I'd like to be able to get it wet and have it dry fairly quickly in case I choose to use it around the pool or when we have the sprinkler out. My 10 month old really likes to be in the water with me holding her, but it would be nice to have some extra support for my wrist. I have a beco, but I didn't really think that would be a good thing to use in water. I saw a few mesh ones online, but thought it would be good to check here first. I was thinking ring sling or wrap, but let me know what you've got and what you're thinking price wise. Shipping would be to 22180. Thanks!

ADS

patterson0711

Hi!
At the risk of this being too self-promoting/spammy (especially since I'm still so new here!)....have you looked into a Solarveil ring sling? It sounds like its exactly what you're after!--lightweight, breathable, waterproof, fast-drying...it's even SPF 70+!
Anyway--if you're interested, I do make them for my company & have a good amount of the fabric left (I'm one of the only ones who does, evidently). My site is www.ThingaMaSling.com if you want to look.
Just as an FYI, I am leaving for vacation in a few weeks so i'll probably stop taking orders pretty soon until Aug or Sept.

I've seen a few carriers made out of athletic mesh so it's waterproof & fast drying too but I don't have any personal experience w/ those to give any kind of feedback one way or the other.
Good luck finding what you're looking for though!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have a Sleeping Baby Productions mesh sling and really love it! :thumbsup: (So much so I'm having her remake my plain cotton sling.) Dries nicely, very light and compact and comfy to wear too. :)

danivdp

I have a black athletic mesh water wrap that is 5yds that I'd sell for $20ppd. LMK if you want pics or exact measurements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC