Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

My TFP is broken and Im sad :(

The harness adjuster lock tab thingy(official name, I know) does not go back down to lock the harness. If I push it down hard it will stay for a min but it slowly loosens so its not locked anymore. I called yesterday but the product manager for car seats was out so they are calling me back on Tuesday because the guy I talked to said that he had never heard of that and he was unsure of how to handle it.

It made it even worse because I found out it was broken after we had driven to a store so I had to lock it and pray it stayed until we got home, which was only about 1/2 mile but I was a nervous wreck.
    Emmalynn(4/07)57lbs 55"-Harmony Literider
    Addilynn(3/09)49lbs 50"-Harmony Literider
    Cosco Scenera, Harmony Literider, Graco Turbo, Britax Frontier 85/Frontier Clicktight carrying kiddos of various ages

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar
    Have you uninstalled it and taken a really good look at the A- lock ( there's the technical term you need) to make sure something isn't jammed in there? I've never heard of a seat doing this either without some kind of interference. Getting stuck in the open position yes, but not reopening.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Re: My TFP is broken and Im sad :(

Quote Originally Posted by safeinthecar View Post
    Have you uninstalled it and taken a really good look at the A- lock ( there's the technical term you need) to make sure something isn't jammed in there? I've never heard of a seat doing this either without some kind of interference. Getting stuck in the open position yes, but not reopening.
    Yeah i took it out and Ive looked. There is nothing in there. We havent used it in about a month it was just sitting in our living room. Right now since there is no child in it it doesnt come loose after I push it down but when my littlest is in it if she pushes forward it will come loose, not super loose like it is when its not pushed down but the harness does loosen enough to be unsafe.
    Emmalynn(4/07)57lbs 55"-Harmony Literider
    Addilynn(3/09)49lbs 50"-Harmony Literider
    Cosco Scenera, Harmony Literider, Graco Turbo, Britax Frontier 85/Frontier Clicktight carrying kiddos of various ages

Carseat Crazy

I think the same thing happened to mine!!! At least how you're describing it. They replaced mine but I'll be honest...I haven't used the new one.

Carseat Crazy

Mine only did it with the kid in it.