Nautilus ?

ADS

Baylor

smackeen said:
Is the 10 year expiry on the Nautilus the harness section too , or just the booster?

It's only on the lbb. The harness and high back are 7 now I think.

auto correct hates me

amyd

Baylor said:
It's only on the lbb. The harness and high back are 7 now I think.

auto correct hates me

Yes, I believe Gracos are all now 7 from DOM, except the backless portion of the Nauti. If you have a compliant Nauti (model # starts with 18), this would apply. The non compliant ones are December of the 6th year on the back and harness.

Brianna

There is no indication in the manual or on the seat that the 10 year expiration is only for part of the seat. Contact Graco for confirmation.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

amyd

Brianna said:
There is no indication in the manual or on the seat that the 10 year expiration is only for part of the seat. Contact Graco for confirmation.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

This must be new. My manual says that it's 10 only on the backless part. Mine's not a compliant one, though.

Baylor

smackeen said:
Thanks everyone!!

Just looking for the info as it has been suggested on a parents board that I am on. :)

Tell them to read the manual and check dates on seat to be sure.

auto correct hates me

tam_shops

Has anyone called Graco? Last time I was in WM, it had something like do not use this *restraint* after TEN years. Made me wonder too...

I have the old one w/ 6yo DOM, I wasn't impressed! LOL

tam

melissainbc

I have a compliant one and nowhere in the manual does it state that the 10 years is only for a certain mode. It just says not to use after the date molded into the seat. The molded part of the seat states "Do not use this child restraint 10 years after the date of manufacture"

Baylor

melissainbc said:
I have a compliant one and nowhere in the manual does it state that the 10 years is only for a certain mode. It just says not to use after the date molded into the seat. The molded part of the seat states "Do not use this child restraint 10 years after the date of manufacture"

On the bottom or the back??

auto correct hates me

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The box and the seat only say 10 yrs, and the manual if I remember right only says 10 yrs or it might say after date shown on restraint. (Not sure which anymore.)

If they only intend the harness to be used for a shorter period they haven't made that clear, that's for sure. The labeling of the box combined with the seat lead me to believe 10yrs for both for seats in store right now since there isn't any differentiation made between the 2 modes.

(Baylor, I'm deleting your extra posts, lol. You can blame your phone rather than your brain, it's ok. :p )

Baylor

snowbird25ca said:
The box and the seat only say 10 yrs, and the manual if I remember right only says 10 yrs or it might say after date shown on restraint. (Not sure which anymore.)

If they only intend the harness to be used for a shorter period they haven't made that clear, that's for sure. The labeling of the box combined with the seat lead me to believe 10yrs for both for seats in store right now since there isn't any differentiation made between the 2 modes.

(Baylor, I'm deleting your extra posts, lol. You can blame your phone rather than your brain, it's ok. :p )

Thank you!

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC