Harness not staying tight

TyAndCheyMommy

We have a Graco Smart Seat that is about 3 months old.
Every time we use it I pull the harness tight against the child. By the time we get there the harness is loose enough to pinch about 2 inches.
I at first thought the child was loosening it. So I switched my daughter to it (that cannot physically reach it due to her CP). It is still loosening.

I have made sure the harness tightening lever is going back into place. I have made sure the harness is not getting caught on anything. I have made sure that there is nothing compressing and no extra clothing on the child.

I just don't know what to do. It obviously has to be the harness loosening on itself.

Anyone have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

ADS

katymyers

Call Graco now!!!! That's unbelievably scary and dangerous! Do you have a different seat you can use until the issue is taken care of? I'd stop using that seat immediately.

Baylor

Yep. Stop using and call graco. I have no doubt they'll take care of it. B

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC