Best second RF seat?

Lucy_R

I need to get a second convertible for my husband's truck, and I'm not sure which one is the best choice! I already have a Radian as my primary seat, so I will be wanting something a bit cheaper. I'm thinking My Ride, True Fit, or maybe a MA? It will be 3-across with a FF True Fit and Frontier.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You can fit a Frontier and two True Fits in a 3 across?:eek: Wow!

If you can fit it, and it's suitable for your child, the True Fit Premier is on sale at Zellers this week for $120, which is an amazing deal.

This is for the youngest child? As you probably know the TF rear faces to 35lbs, which for many kids is more than enough, and of course it's quite tall.

With the selection of seats you have, would it make more sense to pass the Frontier down to the middle kid, the True Fit down to the littlest one, and get a new booster for the oldest? If your oldest is ok in a booster full time, that is. For long trips you could always swap seats around and put her back in a Frontier. Just throwing that out there in case you hadn't considered it...

Lucy_R

I'm not sure if another TF would fit, to be honest! It looks like it would, but I'm not 100% sure. My oldest still needs to be harnessed for long trips(which we usually take with my hubby's truck), so that's why she still needs the Frontier. I assume that the TF Premiere has addressed the squished adjuster issue?

mommycat

I would also consider passing down the TF and getting another Frontier or a Nauti or Maestro or something along those lines for the middle child. Unless, that is, either of your current convertibles would expire before you are ready to FF the youngest, leaving you short on convertibles too quickly.

What is the truck? Does the TF work well RF in there? I wasn't too fond of how the MR or classic MA fit in our extended cab Silverado when FF due to seat shape and how it fit on the seat (or didn't all that nicely) and leg room, but you could always swap the Radian into the truck once FF is on the table if you didn't like the FF install. The original TF fit nicely in our truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC