Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy

Re: Free Boulevard 70 with purchase of 5 other Britax products

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    Just my luck. Ordered a carrier on amazon. It got here today. No UPC and the box has been opened and all tags have been removed.

Eta that's two now that I've ordered and are missing UPC codes. One from nbd and one from amazon. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    Chryssy, that's horrible. I sort think you take that calculated risk when buy clearance/closeout items marked opened/resealed, etc. but no way that should have happened on Amazon.

I buy from Amazon a lot so I know that you will have absolutely no problem returning it for a refund. I am also pretty sure that if you ask for a replacement or reorder it, they will give 0 problems about that. But as a loyal Amazon customer, I am annoyed that they would sell you a return as new and not disclose that fact. If I were you, I would call them. Email will only get you a canned "we're so sorry" response. However, if you have the time and inclination, I would call and speak to manager and really question how they could sell you an obvious return as new. In my mind, that is the bigger issue, not so much the cut-off UPC, as the fact that Amazon is not supposed to be a reseller but rather a retailer and I really makes me question how they do business. Also, I'd ask them for some time of credit/discount for your troubles. Never hurts to ask.

FWIW, I bought my carrier from Amazon as well. It came with tags and UPC code intact. Seems like you got really bad luck, but I think if you try again from a retailer like Amazon, it should work out.

So sorry!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Since we are questioning people's motives in removing the UPC code and then returning, what strikes me as odd about this situation is that they also removed the tags. I'm wondering if the person intended to keep it (and cut off the UPC code for the Britax Blvd), but maybe after trying out the carrier a bit found it to be too uncomfortable. There are some bad reviews on the carrier. I know some carriers would just kill my back on first wearing. If you only wanted the UPC code, why cut off the tags?

I think it is obvious that some people are buying products just for the UPC and then returning it. But it is also possible that someone intended to keep the product and just found it to be subpar quality.

I'm really not sure that I think someone should be stuck with a dud/bad product just because they made the mistake of already removing the UPC code. Would it be better if they tucked the cut-out UPC code into the box? I don't think so.

I think the real problem here is that Amazon is a retailer (not reseller) and has absolutely no business selling returns (in any condition) as new without absolute and complete disclosure. This is shocking to me and horrible business practice and quality control.

That could very well be true but amazons own policy states it must be new and unused.
    To receive FREE 365-Day Returns on your eligible product(s):
    1. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the eligible baby product(s) in new and unopened condition within 365 days from the date of delivery for a full refund in accordance with the promotional terms and conditions below.
    DS 4/1998 - Seatbelt
    DS 2/2005 48lbs 48" - Monterey & Oobr
    DD 7/2007 37lbs 42" - Radian & Frontier85
    DD 9/2009 28lbs 34" - RF RadianRXT & RF NextFit *My Cancer Fighting Chick*
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/julianaurbach

Carseat Crazy

No that's definitely true, but Amazon (like all other retailers) does also allow you to return items that are defective and/or don't live up to quality expectations. I can't know what this person was thinking, but I know that I have returned things to Amazon and other retailers by stating that something was broken, didn't work right, etc. In order for me to uncover that fact, I would have to try it out.

If someone just wanted to pull a fast one with the UPC code, I can't fathom why they'd also pull off the tags. In any case, it's not really relevant since I do admit that some people are clearly just trying to score the UPC and return the item, but I just am wondering aloud why remove the tags too?

Carseat Crazy

If anyone has an extra stroller UPC, please PM. I have an extra carseat UPC, may have an extra small accessory UPC, that I'd be willing to swap, but would also be willing to buy the UPC.

My sister had an oops baby at 40 after she thought she was done with the baby years. In August she moved houses and gave away all her baby stuff, including her Britaxes. In November, she found out she was pregnant. My SIL and I have passed as much of our baby stuff as possible, but our babies are still actively using their convertibles.

Thanks.

I think it very well could have been a return that accidentally got put in the wrong pile. There's slobber staining on the straps too I'll call amazon on monday and see how they wish to proceed. I could just fill out a return, but I don't want to get in trouble for the item condition.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

I would definitely call them. My husband once had an issue with an item not being delivered and they not only shipped him a new item immediately, but also gave him a $10 credit for his trouble.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle3116 View Post
    I would definitely call them. My husband once had an issue with an item not being delivered and they not only shipped him a new item immediately, but also gave him a $10 credit for his trouble.
    Ditto! I know you have absolutely no problem returning without incurring any costs (shipping, etc.) but I would call them and see if they can offer you some type of future credit because it is really unacceptable that you would get sold a return as new. Good luck.

Called amazon. They sent a shipping label to send this one back, and are sending out a replacement right away. They also gave me a $10 credit and apologized profusely.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Carseat Crazy

Called amazon. They sent a shipping label to send this one back, and are sending out a replacement right away. They also gave me a $10 credit and apologized profusely.
    This is why I buy so much from Amazon, they are very nice about returns. I'm sure the missing upc code meant nothing to them and it was not their fault. As far as the missing upc code those people are awful. I have also noticed a lot of britax parts for sale on ebay which I suspect are from people taking advantage of their kind warranty policies since they are things Britax will replace like the extra wheels still in the package or the extra seats. I just heard about someone who got caught by cotton babies for buying used diapers then trying to return them for full value or replacement, she returned 300 diapers before getting caught and sold the new ones given for free by the company on ebay and other sites.

I'm assuming that soon I should have a carrier UPC. It is being shipped directly from Britax. I won it this week.
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

If you need boxes, check your CL. I saw a person selling a couple of boxes for $50 on mine.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Carseat Crazy

Great news! This is more like the amazon I know and love.

Senior Community Member

Has anyone received their free seat yet? Did you get a shipping notice?

I sent all of my info and upc's last week and still haven't heard from them

I sent everything in 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet, but I keep checking the website and my SPAM folder.

I think now that the promotion has really gotten going and they're receiving a lot of upc's it's probably just taking them longer to respond.

I'll post when I hear something.
    Last edited by sparkle3116; 08-05-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: clarification

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrislynn5 View Post
    I sent all of my info and upc's last week and still haven't heard from them
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkle3116 View Post
    I sent everything in 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet, but I keep checking the website and my SPAM folder.

I think now that the promotion has really gotten going and they're receiving a lot of upc's it's probably just taking them longer to respond.

I'll post when I hear something.
    It took a day or two under 2 weeks before I got the ok to order email. Now Im just doing the waiting game to see how long it takes to get the seat or even a shipping notice. Im swapping our tank RXT between 2 vehicles until the G3 comes so Im counting the days

19. Thank You from:

How new do the UPCs need to be?
    N - 6/08 51" 59 lbs, Backless Monterey
    E - 11/09 48" 48 lbs, Parkway

I got a carrier on amazon from another seller. Thankfully the UPC is still on it and it only cost me $35 OOP after a small gift card I had.

Honestly, I would rather have purchased another large accessory than a carrier I won't use, but oh well!
    Mama to DS:10/03-Harmony Transit, DD 1/06 Parkway, DD2 4/10- Nextfit/frontier DD3 7/13- Pria

Carseat Crazy

Trippsmom, I PM'd you.

If anyone has a Britax carrier UPC they don't need, I would love to purchase. I already purchased one Britax carrier I don't need for the UPC code, but my sister had an oops baby and I'm trying to help her out.