B-Agile vs. City Mini

alanadoodle

I finally got to try both strollers out at BRU today - we don't have any baby stores in our town. I liked them both and preferred the City Mini, but it feels like a bumpier ride - is this normal? I didn't know if it was because of the tire tread or if it was just floor model issue. The B-Agile did seem like it had a wider seat and I like the push of it better because it felt smoother. But I didn't care for the foam handlebar and it didn't turn as well as the CM.

ADS

Kendrab2315

I finally got to try both strollers out at BRU today - we don't have any baby stores in our town. I liked them both and preferred the City Mini, but it feels like a bumpier ride - is this normal? I didn't know if it was because of the tire tread or if it was just floor model issue. The B-Agile did seem like it had a wider seat and I like the push of it better because it felt smoother. But I didn't care for the foam handlebar and it didn't turn as well as the CM.

My daughter and I just went on our first walk with the city mini yesterday and I did not think it was bumpy at all. We were on the side walk and went through a couple small grassy areas where there was no sidewalk.

gsdguenter

With these two it's all personal preference. I tried both and liked the B-Agile better lol

Plus, my kids didn't like the seat in the city mini for some reason

snafued

The City Mini has front wheel suspension, while the B-Agile has all-wheel suspension.

That reason, along with the no re-thread harness and easier access to the lower basket, is why the B-Agile won me over the CM.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I have a B-Agile right now for testing. I think the basket of the B-Agile is too small. DH did not like how the frame flexed while he was pushing DS. He also said that the handle was uncomfortable for large hands. Overall, I have not been overly impressed with the B-Agile. I like the City Mini better. It handles better, has a larger basket, and a slightly bigger canopy, and according to DH, better handles.

jeminijad

Every time one of these threads happens, here or elsewhere, I'm always mystified when people post their impressions that are SO different from my own. Which is stupid of me, since obviously there are so many competing products out there for different folks.

I'm not a stroller basket user, but I can see the basket of the b-agile being smaller as one of the few objective differences. Of course, it is shallower because of the curved rear axle, that I find to be a HUGE plus, since I kick strollers.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
With these two it's all personal preference. I tried both and liked the B-Agile better lol

Plus, my kids didn't like the seat in the city mini for some reason

Yeah, my older kids used to complain out loud about the seat in the Mini, so when the b-agile came out, the softer seat was the first thing I noticed. Of course, they were probably 9 and 7 by then---and weighed a lot more than they should have!--- and only sat in it on long days when I'd take the baby out, but it was the only seat they've ever complained about when stealing the baby's (many) rides.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I did a thread comparing the two a few month ago, it has side by side pics. It really does come down to personal preference and what features are more important to you.

I ended up with the b-Agile because I got an awesome deal on it and have been very happy with it. I use it at least a couple times a week, indoors and out and it's been great. I have a Skip-Hop diaper bag that I hang from the handle bar so the small basket isn't a problem for me. It's big enough to hold coats/sweatshirts or whatever toy/s DD decides to bring with us and then inevitably decides she doesn't want to carry :rolleyes:

Both kids ride in it comfortably. DS has slept in it a few times as well.

alanadoodle

Thanks for all of the replies! I keep going over the pros and cons of each in my head. Right now the price of the CM on Albee is winning me over. I did take pics of each stroller with my girls in them so I have comparison pics (and I'd seen your post in the past CrunchyMaineMama and it's a great one!).

It really is personal preference, it's just hard to decide!

staceyeileen

I have owned a BJCM but I personally would go with the B-Agile, which was not available in 2010 when I made my purchase. I liked the seat better on the B-Agile. That being said, I honestly wouldn't expect either of them to push very well outside as your child grows. When you're pushing a 10lb baby the difference might be negligible, but by the time you're baby is 30lbs you'll want all-terrain tires for outside if you are the type that likes a good push (not all people are particular about stroller push). This is what ultimately led me to sell my BJCM and get a BJCE.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC