What should I do about manu date?

Kendrab2315

I ordered a britax parkway off of amazon.com and got it today. The date on the seat is 06/10 :( I called amazon and asked if there was anything that could be done aside from returning and then buying another one in hopes of it having a later date. The lady tried arguing with me saying that the 6 year expiration starts from the first time I use the seat. Then she said I could return in and once they get it they'd send me out a new one. She said in the meantime to use a seatbelt. I asked if I could be credited for the two years I'm losing since they aren't supposed to resell it anyway (not sure if that's true but I thought I had read it on here in the past) and she said no because they would in fact resell it.

Do any big stores (walmart, TRU, and target are the only ones around me) sell parkways? The fit is great with my son/in my vehicle and he loves it. If not, are any other sites usually better with later dates? Would you just keep it and be over it?

Thanks.

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Try calling Amazon and talking to someone else? A friend of mine got them to credit her 30% because she ordered a True Fit and the DOM was two years old.

None of those big stores carry the Parkway - do you have any boutique style stores? They may carry it.

wnkw

We ordered a parkway from target in february and the domain was january. Maybe you'd have better luck with them? I would have thought target and amazon would have been the same though.

Kendrab2315

We ordered a parkway from target in february and the domain was january. Maybe you'd have better luck with them? I would have thought target and amazon would have been the same though.

I will definitely keep that in mind for next time! Thank you!

Try calling Amazon and talking to someone else? A friend of mine got them to credit her 30% because she ordered a True Fit and the DOM was two years old.

None of those big stores carry the Parkway - do you have any boutique style stores? They may carry it.

Thank you for suggesting I try again with Amazon. I just used the "chat" feature with them and they are refunding my card $32!

I still think the misinformation tyhe lady on the phone was giving me was really bad and I'm glad I know better. Then again, if it wasn't for this site, I probably would have never checked the DOM in the first place. :eek:

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Thank you for suggesting I try again with Amazon. I just used the "chat" feature with them and they are refunding my card $32!

I still think the misinformation tyhe lady on the phone was giving me was really bad and I'm glad I know better. Then again, if it wasn't for this site, I probably would have never checked the DOM in the first place. :eek:

Awesome! :D

Kendrab2315

Yay for your $32 credit!
For future reference, we bought our parkway at babies r us. I don't think toys r us has them though.

Thanks :) the closest BRU is over an hour away and then I'd probably get lost trying to find it!

I'm content with the credit. I actually probably prefer a $63 4 year expiration over a $95 6 year expiration!

Phineasmama

Yep I've seen it at BRU and BuyBuyBaby.

Glad you got the refund though! That lady had no idea what she was talking about and shame on her for giving out false information. If it was 6 years from the time you start using it why the heck would they even need to put a date on the seat!!!? DUH!

Kendrab2315

Yep I've seen it at BRU and BuyBuyBaby.

Glad you got the refund though! That lady had no idea what she was talking about and shame on her for giving out false information. If it was 6 years from the time you start using it why the heck would they even need to put a date on the seat!!!? DUH!

That's exactly what I said to her! She put me on hold and then came back saying she was not going to argue and that I could return the booster and order another one. I ended up just saying okay and that she shouldn't be giving out bad and unsafe information and hung up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC