My 4 year old, 35 lb boy fits RFing in the new gen BLVD

glockchick

I wish I had a pic, but he was being terrible today. I'll try to get one tomorrow.

I knew my kids had shorter torsos, but I didn't realize they were this tiny. He still has an inch or so of torso height to grow. :eek:

So some kids will make it to 4 rear facing. :p

ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My almost 3.5 year old is about 32/33lbs and still has about 1" I'd say left rfing though I did just turn him ffing in it because he was complaining about his boy parts and honestly with my shoulder injury it was getting too hard to put him in it. It is much easier for me to put him rfing in the RA50 but he is about to outgrow it by weight :(

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My almost 5yr old still fits. This was right before his 4th bday and his torso hasn't grown much, if any.

224629_2028409953908_1353865789_32402434_5937715_n.jpg

jjordan

I think most kids (not all, maybe 75-80% if I had to put a number on it) will make it to 4 RF in those seats. My ds is 3.5 and has plenty of growing room. He is average height and has a longer torso than legs, proportionally.

Yay for you! :)

Baylor

jjordan said:
I think most kids (not all, maybe 75-80% if I had to put a number on it) will make it to 4 RF in those seats. My ds is 3.5 and has plenty of growing room. He is average height and has a longer torso than legs, proportionally.

Yay for you! :)

Ha! My 3 yr old was 42 lbs. he just turned 4 and is 50 lbs.

auto correct hates me

Syllieann

DS still fit rf until he turned 3 and he's quite large for age and not particularly leggy. I would expect most avg size kids to fit rf until 4. I think the leg room is the bigger issue-and ds was not impressed w/ that aspect. I :love: my next gen britax though, much more than the radian. I will be sad when dd gets close to the britax rf limits and has to move to the radian.

momtotwogirls

I wish. They have such cute covers. Emma outgrew it rf around 2 1/2 and ff around 3 1/2. Addy outgrew them probably about the same time around 5-6 months ago rf. She would probably fit ff for a few yrs though.

jjordan

Ha! My 3 yr old was 42 lbs. he just turned 4 and is 50 lbs.

auto correct hates me

A 4 year old who weighs 50 pounds is far, FAR above the 95th percentile for weight. So... I'm not sure what your point is. :eek: An unusually large child outgrowing the Britax convertibles RF before age 3 does not mean that most kids will outgrow them that early! I stand by my guess that somewhere around 75-80% of kids can get to their 4th birthday RF in those seats. :)

glockchick

KaysKidz said:
My almost 5yr old still fits. This was right before his 4th bday and his torso hasn't grown much, if any.

Omg! Paisley!!!!!! I so want that cover but I couldn't find it anywhere by the time I was ready to buy my blvd. If you ever want to sell it, I call dibs! :ROTFLMAO:

tam_shops

I'm shocked, so glad you showed pics. My guy was too tall before he turned 2yo. He's now 3yo still ERF RN, but he was at the top of the shell when I tried him in the MA at TRU, back when they were new and cool here (in Canada). It wasn't in the car (just shelf), so not sure if that plays a roll, but I wasn't impressed!

As *bad* as I found that, I figure 2yo is better than most people do anyway so...

My guy is short, but has a *really* long torso. When he took over the RN from my almost 6yo, I moved the straps down. Then put him in it and was stunned to see I needed to move them back up to 2nd from top...

tam

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just can't picture many kids getting to their 4th birthday. Kay's DS looks to be about J2's size (almost 3), maybe a tad bit smaller. J isn't unusually tall though and he outgrew it RFing around 2y8m.

jeminijad

A 4 year old who weighs 50 pounds is far, FAR above the 95th percentile for weight. So... I'm not sure what your point is. :eek: An unusually large child outgrowing the Britax convertibles RF before age 3 does not mean that most kids will outgrow them that early! I stand by my guess that somewhere around 75-80% of kids can get to their 4th birthday RF in those seats. :)

I'm guessing half- and being as FAR less than half have parents who will leave them RF till 4, these are still good seats.

Stelvis

Wow, that's great. Mine outgrew it before 2.5 RF. The baby is already 5 clicks up in it so she won't make it long either. I have the paisley too though and I do love the seat!

Syllieann

I'm guessing half- and being as FAR less than half have parents who will leave them RF till 4, these are still good seats.

Totally, especially for "normal" people who are only trying to rf to 2 and just need something that's easy to install and won't make the parents have to sit in the airbag.

macmomma

I have the feeling that my three year old will make it until she is five RFing in her BLVD..... She is only 24lbs and 33 inches ..... Maybe I should see if her five year old brother would still fit RFing in it.... He is another lightweight:)

teekadog

I wanted to buy one for my dc's 3rd bday, but he was already nearly at the top of the shell. I even called and emailed Britax a few times to ask (beg :eek:) if I could extend the headrest up while rfing and call it good. No dice, of course. And over a year later he's still not 35lbs fully clothed.

steph_s

My nephew outgrew the MA70 at 19 months old rf, my niece is 2 years 4 months and is pushing the limits now. Most kids I tried it on would have made it to about 2.5 years old. I still don't like the new generation seats! If they were taller I'd be feeling the love, but when there are other seats that last longer on the market I can't justify getting another one.

cpsaddict

My DD is 2y11m and still just fits rearfacing. I think she is pushing 39-40". She wears 5/6 tops and 4/5 bottoms. She is too heavy, though, for my comfort at 39lbs. Someone guess yesterday that she was 4-5. I love, love, love my new gen Britax. I just switched it back to rearfacing and it took, not kidding, 3 minutes to do so. Then another 5 to install it. Amazing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC