When did you stop using your capsule/bucket?

finn

We have a capsule/infant seat/bucket whatever you want to call it. Its European (legal here in NZ) so dd has until the top of her head is inline with the top of the shell. She has heaps of room before out growing it despite being in the 91st percentile for her height. She is however also in the 75th% for her weight at 9kg or 19lbs, making her much too heavy to carry anywhere in it (although I do carry her in from the car if she is sleeping in it).

I feel like I should stop using it as I am no longer using it as a carrier, it is more like a convertible, but that doesnt really make sense does it? Should I put her in a convertible or wait until she is closer to outgrowing it? She doesnt have any issues in it, she has lots of room, I think she would prefer to be a little bit more upright & higher so she can see more but other than that, things are good, so I should just get over it right :whistle:

ADS

amyd

I think your DD is almost the same age as my DS2 (born April 25). He is still in the infant seat as well. He's also too heavy to really carry around in it but I also carry it into the house if he's asleep or put it in the stroller if we're out and he's sleeping. It's winter here so I'm going to keep him in it until the worst of the cold has past (or until the Foonf comes out...whichever comes first:D).

agave

Move her whenever you want. I moved DD1 between 8-9 months. I hadn't taken the seat out of the car in months, she hated it and was much happier in a convertible. I think I only used it as long as I did because that is what your "supposed" to use for a baby. I moved DD2 at about 5 months when we where in an accident, I'd only taken the seat out a handful of times. If we ever have an oops and have another kid, I'll probably skip the bucket.

finn

amyd said:
I think your DD is almost the same age as my DS2 (born April 25). He is still in the infant seat as well. He's also too heavy to really carry around in it but I also carry it into the house if he's asleep or put it in the stroller if we're out and he's sleeping. It's winter here so I'm going to keep him in it until the worst of the cold has past (or until the Foonf comes out...whichever comes first:D).

Dd is the 21st of April :) Its summer here, I wonder if she'll fit it through winter, that'd be handy for school drop off lol & it does fit onto 2 of my 3 buggies which is also handy. I don't think the foonf will ever come out here & I'll stop rambling now lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Dillipop

DS2 was in his bucket until he was 18 months. It was heavenly for preschool drop off and pick up, since ds1 was in afternoon preschool when he was an infant. DS2 outgrew the bucket on the same day that I dropped on the staircase and cracked it.

DD was in our primary bucket until she was about 9 months. The we moved her to a convertible full time in the van. At 16 months, she is still in our Shuttle33 in the second car. It's the only seat we can fit 3 across and it has come in handy lately when she's fallen asleep while heading out to run errands.

momtotwogirls

I moved my oldest out of her carrier around 2 months because she HATED the bucket with a fiery passion. My youngest was around 10 months when we switched.

koda&phiasmama

I moved my DS 5.5 to a marathon at a year FF before I knew better :( I was going to skip the bucket with DD 13 months but changed my mind when I realized she would be a January baby and I wasn't sure how much we would be into baby wearing, she ended up hating the chaperone could have been the wings idk but it was a miserable 9 months in that seat until my mom agreed to help us out with an RXT she's been much happier ever since ! Next time around I think well skip it :)

Phineasmama

I usually move them to a convertible when they can sit up on their own and/or I get sick of hauling the bucket around :p

mumof2

I moved both my children out of their capsules areound 5-6 months mostly cause they were getting too heavy to carry,

they then went into a convertible

livilou

We switched my daughter to her convertible on Saturday, so 9 months and 2 days. She was really close to outgrowing her infant seat and at the same time I noticed BRU had the seat we were getting on sale, so we picked it up. I get too excited too easily and there was no way I could have a brand-spankin-new car seat in the house and not use it, so in it went. :)

luckyclov

None of mine made it much past 6 months in their buckets. Not because they outgrew them, but because they were *very* vocal about disliking the 45 degree angle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC