The Foonf, DS2, and a 2011 Odyssey.

tl01

I won't rehash all the stuff everyone already knows about the Foonf, I just wanted to post the pics of DS2 in the seat and the seat in my 2011 ody.

DS2 checking over the seat. He is 21 months and about 27 lbs.

6830f1ad.jpg

Making himself comfy.

95acbac7.jpg

Politely begging Chris for a Foonf to call his own.
0726321f.jpg

In the center rear facing. The captain's seat slides forward for access to the back with the vehicle seats in wide mode. I'm not sure about that in the narrow mode.
ae0a39db.jpg

Captain's chair with least amount of recline. The front seat is in the spot where the radian touches with the angle adjuster.
5b8ed1e5.jpg

Most recline. We didn't have the arb but imagine the seat out another inch or so.

ca4593c9.jpg

We put it center forward facing too but I don't have a pic.

Chris was awesome and answered all my boring questions and was patient with letting us put the seat in the car despite being super busy!

ADS

zactayaus

Where's the pic of your DS in the seat when it's installed in your van? I'm dying to see what kids look like in the seat in the car.

tl01

We didn't have as much time to play with the seat as we would have liked :). Chris is a busy man and we were already monopolizing his time with the store employees. I wish we had been able to put DS2 in the seat in the car!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The seat looks SO tiny with your LO in it. I can't imagine a 4 or 5yr old in that based on his size now!

tl01

The headrest goes up a lot but the seat is pretty narrow... A pro and con.

DS2 is pretty skinny.. About 75-80% for height and 50% for weight and he has a long torso. He's on the 3rd slot of the radian rfing.

gigi

By contrast, this is my almost 5 y.o. In the new Peg Perego in store in recline mode.

2012-02-10155649.jpg

He had plenty of room and said it was comfy. He wasn't even on the highest headrest setting!

I have been throwing around the foonf in my mind because of the upright install and tether, but yikes your son does look snug in there and he is still so young!

tl01

Why did I type THAT??? I meant DS1.

I would have liked DS1 in it too... But he was at school. I had a hard time justifying taking him out of school on his favorite day of the week;). Honestly, I think it would be too narrow for him. I think it is more narrow than the radian. I can post a pic of DS2 in the radian for width sake.

DS1 is pretty big nowadays. He basically outgrown the radian. He's 56 lbs without clothes so he'd be pushing it in the foonf. I think he's about 48 inches tall.

P1ally

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

5yo DS, 46 inches tall, 40lbs. I don't know his torso height :eek:

He really liked it. I thought he looked squished, but he said he wasn't. He was more interested in telling Chris and Tara about his game he plays online :rolleyes: :p I wish we could have gotten more pictures, but Chris was super pressed for time :(

tl01

5yo DS, 46 inches tall, 40lbs. I don't know his torso height :eek:

He really liked it. I thought he looked squished, but he said he wasn't. He was more interested in telling Chris and Tara about his game he plays online :rolleyes: :p I wish we could have gotten more pictures, but Chris was super pressed for time :(

My DS1 is definitely bigger across his chest. Thanks for posting the pics;).

Btw... I think I need the link for the online game for DS1;).

Last edited by a moderator:

HaileysMommy

cathleencastle said:
I still hate the way the fabric looks!

Anyone know if this is the same type of fabric as on the oobr? I thought the fabric looked a mess til I got my hands on an oobr and I actually like it a lot.

Me wants a pink foonf :wub:

P1ally

HaileysMommy said:
Anyone know if this is the same type of fabric as on the oobr? I thought the fabric looked a mess til I got my hands on an oobr and I actually like it a lot.

Me wants a pink foonf :wub:

Yep, same fabric.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC