Combi Coccoro for air travel?

mom2livnbon

I've heard great thing about this seat for airplane use. I'm looking for a convertible seat for my 7 month old and am thinking about purchasing this one mainly because I travel frequently and a car seat that is perfect for airplane use would be invaluable for me. I am fine with the fact that she won't be able to use it as long as other convertible seats on the market. I'll use it in our vehicle for as long as she'll fit RFing and then I'll probably be able to put her in one of my older DD's Radians. I'm fine with FFing on a plane long before I'd do it in a car.

I've heard that this seat is so compact it will allow the person in front of you to recline on airplanes? Has anyone here found this to be true? I've had a couple travel nightmares where the FA argued with me over having my infant RFing in a Keyfit 30 and blocking the seat in front of her from being able to recline. This has happened twice. I'd rather not have to get into it with FAs if I don't have to IYKWIM ;)

ADS

martygras

yup... the person in front of us was able to recline when we flew with our coccoro. Plus it's so light, that DD fell asleep in the terminal and I carried her, in the seat, onto the plane and belted it in, she slept the whole flight (SLC-JFK) and i took her off the plane still in the seat!

lpperry

I love the Coccoro on a plane! It installed super easy. The person in front could absolutely recline the seat completely. It also is narrow enough to fit down the isle attached to a suitcase.

a0hzkm.jpg

2m480uc.jpg

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Depending on the plane we've had people able to recline, and others not. But for us the seat is perfect (they're not guaranteed a reclining seat anyway, right?).

Wendy

mom2livnbon

I love the Coccoro on a plane! It installed super easy. The person in front could absolutely recline the seat completely. It also is narrow enough to fit down the isle attached to a suitcase.

a0hzkm.jpg

2m480uc.jpg

Thanks for the pics! That really helps. I almost always fly Southwest.

xursusmaritimusx

I just flew with my coccoro and i really enjoyed it.
ive flown with an infant seat many times and it was just as easy.
i just loved how perfectly the coccoro fit in the seat and it was a breeze to install even with the baby still in the seat.

on our flights the seat in front of us had about 1.5" of space to recline?

LuvMyCharlie

We flew 18 hours with our CCO on three different planes. Every plane was a great install and even on the smallest plane the person in front could recline. Never had anyone bug me about RF and my DD was 15 months at the time.

mom2livnbon

Well I went ahead and bought the Coccoro. I absolutely love this little seat as our primary seat.

I already have a GoGo Kidz and was wondering if anyone knows if it will go down the aisle of a 737 with the Coccoro attached?

mom2livnbon

Just flew yesterday with my Coccoro and my Gogo Kidz Travelmate. Success! I have used the travelmate with other seats before but it is as if it were made for the Coccoro.

Just in case anyone is curious, this combination will roll down the aisle of a 737.

moiety

Just wondering, you GoGoKidz users, can you give me some tips to make it attach well to a Coccoro? I'm borrowing the older UNIQR wheelz set, and I just can't get it tight enough to stay on the little hooks. I'm half tempted to buy the ratcheting strap for my kind loaner, but we're leaving Thursday so it wouldn't do much good.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC