I turned DH into a car seat snob!!

purplemama

He keeps dropping hints that he doesn't think we should use the Maestro for DS2. "Are you sure you'll like it?" "But it's kinda lightweight isn't it?" "The straps feel thin." "Are you sure it's safe?" "Maybe he'll be safer in something um, you know, nicer." LOL!!!!

We got MA65s on clearance for DS2 when he was about 18 months ($120 at Costco :)) and since then he's only used those and an XTSL. So when he put DS2 in the Maestro he didn't like it at all. It feels "too cheap" to him. He knows the all seats are tested the same spiel and knows it's fine but really wants me to sell it and get something more "sturdy".

Problem is we are a little short on money with a noob coming and me not working. So the $25 Maestro is the most responsible thing to do right now. Especially since he decided he wants seats in his car for the incredibly rare occasion he would need them. So I have to get a seat for DD for my van so he can use the MA65 for her in his car.

Although he's having a hard time understanding why I'm not jumping at the chance to buy DS2 a "nice" seat. Beacause I'm trying to be responsible, darn it!!!!!

ADS

purplemama

Isn't the $25 Maestro broken?

But yeah, being a "snob" is not always a good thing. All seats on the market are safe to use.

Evenflo sent me a new one!! It came yesterday and has a DOM of 1/6/12. :D

He's even upset I got a SR30 and am going to sell the Keyfit30. It doesn't feel as nice to him. :rolleyes:

Lenae

I wouldn't call my DH a carseat snob, but he prefers the 'sturdier' seats. He wouldn't pick a Frontier85 over our Nautilus just because it's Britax, but he would choose it over the Maestro because it feels more substantial to him.

I'm talking him into a RN for DD, using the argument that it was a steel frame and is very sturdy. He doesn't like our CA much because it's lightweight.

DH's are quirky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC