Short-strapped Radian

Hi everyone

I've been around for a while, but haven't logged in for months. I just got the new safestop strap in the mail from the recall. Logged on here to find out more about it, and to my dismay, discovered that I have one of the short-strapped Radians. DS1 is still on the second to top strap slots on the Radian (which is in grandparents car, so I rarely use it), so I hadn't even noticed. Thank goodness for this board. I'd have been really annoyed if he outgrew that carseat sooner than I thought he would just because the straps are too short!

Could somebody walk me through what I need to do to have it replaced. Is it as easy as calling the distributor? What info should I have available beyond the serial #? Is there anyone in particular I should ask to speak with?

And yes, mine was bought at Canadian Tire with an Aug '06 DOM (I bought it in January '07).

Thanks!

ADS

BudgieStew

I e-mailed because I hate phoning strangers ( but I'm sure via phone would be faster) they asked for the DOM/Serial Number of the Seat and lot number of the harness. Its on a tag on the back of the seat.
It was confirmed to be a short strapped one and then they asked for a photo of this information. After which they said a seat would be sent out and the old one picked up.
I'm still patiently waiting ,that was June 29th. I would not be too bothered except I left that seat in N.S to be picked up rather then drag it back to Quebec(I was on holiday)and of course since the replacement seat has not arrived have no spare seat for my DS.
I think I had the misfortune of discovering this when there was a whole bunch of things going with Sunshine Kid's in Canada.

Last edited:

canadianmom2three

When I first told them about my short strapped one, it was to Brad from SKJP canada...after waiting more than 2 weeks for it to arrive, I finally got ahold of him, and determined it had never been sent:mad: he said he was waiting on me to confirm that I really wanted a new one :mad: I then brought Russ into it, and had a new one in less than a week.

BudgieStew

I dealt with Russ from the get go as I just hit reply to whomever responded to comments after I registered the seats online.
He was the one who happened to reponed to my questions...so i continued to deal with him.

I've briefly e-mailed him twice since then asking if I could have an idea of when to expect it..he did reply saying that he was looking into it.

I will be leaving again for a extended holiday in 2 weeks and my DH will be away for work as well. We do not have any one that would be kind enough to swing by everyday to see if a seat was left on our front steps. And I kinda would like to have a seat before then anyway.
So I guess I am going to have to be more persistent to get things rolling along. Although if it just happens that there is a shortage of seats(which looks like at some stores-same thing happened in May when I was looking for our blue one)then just tell me when I can expect it.

Thanks! Sounds like some patience and persistence will be required. I have the serial # and DOM here. I'll have to get my folks to take pics and get the harness number. That could take a while. I suppose I'll call and see if I can get the ball rolling with the info I have, and in the meantime, I'll get my parents moving in getting the rest of the info.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC