Has there already been a thread about the new Nissan NV3500 passenger van?

Chex

Wow, that's gorgeous!

I'm trying to get a scope of it's size. How much larger than an Armada? Because the Armada is already big (deliciously large, don't get me wrong :cool:). Is it about the size of a Sprinter? Is it based off the Titan?

If I had a large family I'd be all over it.

I'm guessing the interior is similar in size to my 12-passenger Express. Overall, it's 16 inches longer than my van and it looks to me like that 16" is entirely in the engine block.

ADS

geekKT

It would be a bit of overkill for my one kid, right? I could put him in the center of the center of the center...... :p

Okay, I have no need for it, but that van is really cool. I browsed the Nissan site - I like a lot of the features and also find the way the seats are split into 1's and 2's neat. It does remind me of an Armada/Flex on steroids; it looks nice, especially in black or java metallic.

cookie123

I don't know why I'm even looking at this thread! I for sure don't know why I looked at the van. But, I did. I have to say, it looks pretty cool. I bet it looks gigantic in real life.:)

ProudMommysince09

Oohh.. I saw this van somewhere pulling out (I think it was a dealership) and I kept looking at it wondering what it was. I thought at first it was a truck with a built-in cargo thing on it, but I guess not. Cool!

Mags462

That's it.... i can now go ahead and finish having my dream "baseball team".... now just to convince DH that we need more "little sluggers" around here to fill such an AWESOME big van! :D

Chex

Looks like only 1 sliding door, passenger side :( I would prefer both sides personally!

My DH said he would prefer 2 sliding doors as well, but I actually prefer just one. I like everybody getting out on the same side. I'm always paranoid about one of my littles running out into the parking lot while I'm on the other side of the van.

msg221

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the looks of this van? :duck: For some reason, the back end reminds me of a Scion XB, but a lot bigger, and I'm not a fan of any of those box shaped vehicles.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
msg221 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the looks of this van? :duck: For some reason, the back end reminds me of a Scion XB, but a lot bigger, and I'm not a fan of any of those box shaped vehicles.

I'd say in general it's not the most attractive-looking vehicle. But for a 12-passenger van, it's awesome. The Sprinter just looks so...wrong to me.

Chex

My DH thinks it's butt-ugly. But luckily it has enough benefits over our van, and doesn't come with the price tag of the Sprinter, so it doesn't seem to matter that much to him. :)

lynsgirl

My DH thinks it's butt-ugly. But luckily it has enough benefits over our van, and doesn't come with the price tag of the Sprinter, so it doesn't seem to matter that much to him. :)

LOL My dh thought it looked pretty ok and agrees this is the next family vehicle purchase we'll have to make. Thanks for posting about it - even my older kids think it's great! :D

canadiangie

I saw one yesterday! I even took pics (but how I get them off my phone and onto here I'll never know). I was surprised because I didnt think they were out yet? :confused: Are they? They must be. Anyway, it's BIG. As long as a full sized truck (was parked in front of one) and very tall. Has one sliding door on passenger side just like previously discussed, and has two side opening doors (like how an armoire opens) along the back. The front looks just like a huge Armada, complete with standard Nissan grill. It really is nice to look at. The one I saw was white. I think black or charcoal would look amazing. Anyway, BIG. Very big. :)

Eta: so the cargo version is already out, and a passenger version comes this spring. Well, exterior wise they look pretty much identical. I was impressed. :)

tl01

I saw one today. It was a little odd to me. It was super wide looking and almost seemed short. The sprinter isbreally tall but I bet it is much easier moving around inside. I wonder what access is like from the inside of the Nissan.

mommyfrog

I just showed my dh. He likes it. And the price tag compared to the Sprinter!! Hopefully the construction business keeps getting better and we can afford one in the near future. Stinkin' economic depression!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, short vs. tall has tradeoffs both ways, though; short means you can park in parking garages and go through drive-throughs. Tall gives you more room to move inside, but then you can't have access to some places. Then also, one of the big concerns with many taller vehicles is the higher center of gravity and rollover risk (though I've been told that because the Sprinter is built on a different kind of chassis, more like a bus than a truck, it's a different animal in terms of rollover risk.) So many considerations...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Short would be great! The big safety concern for these big vans and SUVs is the increased rollover risk. The Sprinter seems very tall and almost top heavy and I would not want to drive one in our nasty winter winds.

Chex

It's going to be short enough to fit in our garage. That was one of my main concerns. Even the short version of the Sprinter was still too tall to fit in our garage.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC