How to Get My...

Ok here is my problem, i still have my 10 yr old daughter in a lbb (if i had the funds she would be in a hbb) cause there is NO WAY she will 5 step, she is just to short and when she sits in the van with no booster the lap portion of the belt is way up by her belly button, again she is just to short, lol but here is my problem, she is getting teased by everyone even adults (that dont even have there kids in proper seats) and it is making her very upset, she knows why she still rides in it but how to i make her feel better when these people are always making fun of her, tonight at my sons football game there were a ton of adults calling her a baby cause of it, and let me tell you i let them have it but i gotta find a way to make her feel better,

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You have ADULTS making fun of your daughter? I don't have a whole lot to offer up in the way of making her feel better -- since it sounds like she knows why she has to ride in it -- but there are no words for how appalled that makes me, and heartbroken for her. That is so, so wrong and I'm not sure if I could be held responsible for my actions if that ever happened to one of "my" kids. Wow...

yes they are adults, and it ticks me off esp when both of them that were doing it tonight dont even have there kids in proper seats, heck one even has a baby less then 6 months old in a expired 3 point infant seat and the other has had there 5 yr old in a lbb since we have known them since he was 3 and he never has the shoulder strap in the right position, it is always behinde him

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Any way you could totally cut off contact with those losers? I would not allow my child to be subjected to teasing by adults. That is completely unacceptable on so many levels. And I would tell the adults so. I would also probably make some comment about them not being loved as children, and subsequently not loving their own children enough to keep them safe in the car and how jealous they are of my DD because at least she has a mother who cares about her safety. But I can get nasty like that when my children are being hurt.

Any way you could totally cut off contact with those losers? I would not allow my child to be subjected to teasing by adults. That is completely unacceptable on so many levels. And I would tell the adults so. I would also probably make some comment about them not being loved as children, and subsequently not loving their own children enough to keep them safe in the car and how jealous they are of my DD because at least she has a mother who cares about her safety. But I can get nasty like that when my children are being hurt.

Thankfully tomorrow is our last football game and then we have the party for the team and that is the last i have to see of these people, i know my daughter doesnt like riding in it but she also knows why she needs to ride in it, but she also has a hard time with it since around here NO ONE has there kids in boosters after the age of 5 even though our law is 8 or 80 and 4'9

CrazyBoysMamma

:yeahthatmad: I have words for those people, but cannot use them here... WTF is wrong with people??? :hitselfonhead:

Baylor

How about you sneak me those dirt chompers names. ;(.

What is wrong with people?

Here is my plan with my kids. I can not control stupid of others or meaness. What I can do is teach my children to be unaffected by it. That they should feel good for making right decisions and that people that have issues with it or make comments just are not smart enough to be worth listening to.

This ticked me off. Idiots.

auto-correct on the loose..

Mommy2Marcus

I am sorry you're dealing with this. That is terrible that adults are making fun of a child. I don't have any advice for you, but I can comiserate with you on how terrible the car seat usage is in the area that you live in. I lived in Spring Hill, TN for about 4 years. It killed me to see all the expired seats or people with expensive seats that didn't care to use them properly, or to even use the expired ones properly.

I often got funny looks b/c my son was RF till over 3.

actuallyamanda

I'm sorry but I doubt I would be able to hold my tongue. I'm sure I would be as nasty as possible when I told them they must not care about their kids safety and must not care if they DIE in a wreck. I would be especially mean about it if it was at the last game and I likely would never see them again. :D

There are many times when I just dont stoop to other ppls levels but this is just pushing it to me. Its one thing for kids to poke fun at each other bc they're kids and dont understand the consequences but for an ADULT to make fun of a child, for ANY reason, is not acceptable.

You should definitely praise your daughter and let her know that you're proud of her for understanding why she needs it. I know it may hurt her feelings for those other A-holes to laugh at her, but at the end of the day her mothers love and support will be all she needs. :love:

VoodooChile

Wow...just wow. When dealing with other kids teasing her, she could fire back a snappy response, seek a (non-jerk) adult's help, etc. For adults picking on her, well, you're a better person than me, b/c it's probably only the threat of prison time that would be keeping all of their teeth in their heads! Seriously though, I doubt you'd have any luck educating them about proper use; can you and your daughter just keep away from these people at the last game, to avoid them? They sound like idiots, and neither of you should have to be around them whether they bring up her booster or not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC