Canadian Techs---I've referred my neice here...

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
My neice is pregnant with her first baby and lives in Canada. I've recommended the SS1 for her baby and referred her here to get some more info from the Canadian techs here. I'm hoping one of you will live near her and can teach her how to install her seat, etc. I wish I could do it, but Canada is a LONG way from Arizona!

She should post here soon! :thumbsup:

Thanks ladies!

ADS
A

Alison-In-Canada

Hi,
I'm finally finding time to sit and relax at the computer. I am so busy with baby shower registering, and working while I still can. I am expecting my first baby January 23rd and am in the processs of placing a car seat on my baby shower registry. We are also in the market to buy a new, safer, vehicle. Currently we have a Toyota Solara which we will keep, and an Audi A4. That little sports car Audi (with an incredibly loud muffler) has to go! I am one of the mean soon-to-be moms that is saying "the sports car goes, or me and the baby go!!!" haha! Just Joking. So we are looking at SUV's currently. I am not into the mini van thing yet! I am leaning towards a Hyundai Santa Fe.
I am living in Cambridge, Ontario, which is 1.5 hours north west of buffalo. We are 45 minutes away from Niagara Falls. The close cities are Kitchener, Waterloo, and Guelph. Some people have heard of one or more of these cities.
Thanks for any advice and I look forward to chatting! What a neat website and so informative holy smokes!
Alison

canadianmom2three

I'm not too far from you, we drive thru cambridge all the time on our way to Toronto, and actually stopped there a couple of times, DH's good friend used to live there! Welcome to the wonderful and addictive world of car seats!!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am living in Cambridge, Ontario, which is 1.5 hours north west of buffalo. We are 45 minutes away from Niagara Falls. The close cities are Kitchener, Waterloo, and Guelph. Some people have heard of one or more of these cities.
Alison

Welcome aboard and congrats on your pregnancy!

There might be someone closer to you, but I'm in Oakville.

In Kitchener-Waterloo, there is the Infant & Toddler Safety Assn (ITSA) that can be of help though. Valerie and ITSA have been one of the few people instrumental in CRS safety long before the national certification program for techs came into place in 2003. http://communitylinks.cioc.ca/details.asp?RSN=635

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Welcome aboard and congrats on your pregnancy!

There might be someone closer to you, but I'm in Oakville.

In Kitchener-Waterloo, there is the Infant & Toddler Safety Assn (ITSA) that can be of help though. Valerie and ITSA have been one of the few people instrumental in CRS safety long before the national certification program for techs came into place in 2003. http://communitylinks.cioc.ca/details.asp?RSN=635

Valerie Lee is the woman that did my training through the Buckle Up Bears program that the Co-operators runs. She really knows her stuff!

I am also trained through St. John's Ambulance... our nationally certified CRS program.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I personally love the SS1 in Canada, you'll probably want to have that at the top of your "check it out" list.

Have fun shopping! :D

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I personally love the SS1 in Canada, you'll probably want to have that at the top of your "check it out" list.

Have fun shopping! :D
:yeahthat:
I vote the SS1, it is a great seat and will last you for quite awhile, it is also easy to install :thumbsup:

A

Alison-In-Canada

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND ADVICE!
I will definately check out the SS1. My friends are all telling me about getting carseat trained with St. John Ambulance. I got my CPR and First Aid training through them and I am so happy I did it. I also learned that our local firestation allows you to bring your car by and they inspect the carseat and your car for safety. It's quite neat!
Thanks again everyone; I guess I am on my way!
Alison "In Canada"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC