2 rf in a coupe

shashoo

I currently have a Cosco AOE in the middle rf with the back extending through the 2 front seats. The children that ride in it are able to ride ff(17 & 23 months), but I feel safer with them rf in my small car. But, in a few months I will have to fit an iinfant carrier in the small backeseat so am I going ot have to turn the AO ff so it can go in the oputboard position? There is about 15-18 inches of room depending if you measure the lip of the AO or underneath at the base(base removed) with it in the middle to the wall. Does anyone have any experience here? Will I be able to squeeze the infant carrier(also without base) under the AO.

Second question, can I install the infant carrier with out the base in my car with a locking clip that way I can install it later with the baby in it and still feel that it is secure?
Sorry this is so long. but I also wanted to mention that the AO is a little over a 30 degree angle, the max because of space.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi-

I think the answer all depends on the infant seat. Some may fit easily, others may not fit at all. Unless you can find someone with the same seats and vehicle, you may not know for sure until you try it.

You can install most infant carriers without the base. You will probably only need the locking clip if your vehicle does not have a locking mechanism already. Most cars since 1996 have a locking mechanism that will take the place of a locking clip.

I think the best thing to do is to visit a local technician for an inspection with all the seats you need to install. You can use our resources at www.seatcheck.net to find one near you. I see you are near Rolling Meadows from your profile. If you don't already have a fitting station you like, I can refer you to someone in Bloomingdale, Streamwood, Wheeling or Schaumburg if you like. I'm from Naperville and Robert is from Lake Zurich if you care to travel that far.

shashoo

locking seatbelts

I have locking seatbelts,but to install the infant carrier securley it has to be empty. I was wondering if I used a locking clip if it would make for easy installation without removing the infant from the seat (As long as I check for secure installation each time).

I might just get another convertable right away. Looking at the carseats measurments page on carseatdata.org, the safety first forerunner(comfort ride)/cosco touriva are the most narrow, but they have conflicting height measurments for the seat back. I thought they had the same shell, but different covers, is that right? Do you know about the safety first seats or where I can find a reliable review? or of another narrow short backed seat?

Thanks for your help.

shashoo

Lake Zurich

Sorry forgot to add that I would like the number that I could reach Robert in Lake Zurich, it is not very far. And maybe Schaumburg just in case our scheds. don't match. The Rolling Meadows police dept is only there in a.m's that I have to work.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think it's possible that the Safety First Comfort Ride may even be discontinued...look for the Cosco Regal Ride or Touriva...they are definately the same, and I'm very sure the Comfort Ride was the same seat as well...sometimes it's hard to get accurate seat measurements. I know a mom who has a Touriva in between two Graco Cargos in a corolla...it really IS a narrow seat!
As for the AOE...can you just install it less reclined so that it fits behind the driver or passenger seat? Maybe a tech can help you with that...I hope you find one easily :)

shashoo

Found Cosco Regal Ride

I found a Cosco Regal Ride at Target for 54.99, I liked it better than the Touriva, which is selling for the same price, because of the puzzle buckle and 2-piece harness clip. It fits back there and I'm makeinmg an appt. with a tech to make sure they agree that it is okay.
Wish me luck!

shashoo

Got them installed

Well...both seats did not fit rf, but it turns out that one of the kids I watch is almost too big for rf anyway(weight almost 35lbs.) So I only need one seat rf for an infant. The Regal Ride fit in my coupe at a 45 degree angle in the center! I didn't think that any convertable would ever fit at 45 in my backseat. The AOE fits ff outboard position.

Robert, I really appreciate you helping me install my seats. Thank you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC