? re: "New" Safety First Apex at Sears

tiger926

Just saw on Sears online that they have a 'new' Safety First Apex listed - it is blue/black. The description still has that it will harness until 48lbs, so either they just haven't updated their website, or, it is a few months old. Anyway, anyone have this seat? What are the top slot measurements?

We have a Radian, but I am always looking at new seats to keep up with research (just gave my sis in law a Comfort Sport - they have an old shield booster seat - yuck!) as well as for friends and relatives.

Here is the link to this seat:

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000...455?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=16340361

Thanks, Tiger :)

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
As far as I know, only the Marathon and the Radian are increasing their limits to 65lbs. I don't remember who, but someone from the boards called DJG and was told they will NOT be increasing the weight limits for the Apex in Canada.

It's actually not that new of a seat... been there for awhile. The important thing to note about this seat is that it requires support from a vehicle headrest. Meaning you MUST have headrests that go as high as the tallest setting on this seat in order to use it.

The top slots are comparable to the Graco Cargo and Evenflo Bolero/Generations.

tiger926

Thanks - I already knew this info, so it's not "New" as you mentioned. I wouldn't buy it if it's similar to Evenflo Generations or Traditions (I think that's the other Evenflo) as my tall torsoed daughter outgrew her Evenflo in 5 months. Slots are way too short! We like our Radian, but we have a short strapped one, so I am currently still waiting to hear from Brad C. as to when I'm getting my new seat (I am getting one), but they aren't sure when.

Good to know, Tiger :)

BudgieStew

Yeah its a bit odd as to why they have it marked it new...wonder why?

A bit off topic but why are they not sure when you will be getting your new Radian ? Just curious as I am waiting for mine as well.

tiger926

Yeah its a bit odd as to why they have it marked it new...wonder why?

A bit off topic but why are they not sure when you will be getting your new Radian ? Just curious as I am waiting for mine as well.

I am waiting to hear back from Brad C. Lucy called me from the office and asked me to email Brad right away with the strap lot#, DOM, etc. I did that immediately, and haven't heard back from him - it's been 9 days now, so not sure if he's off or busy. She said I definitely have a short strapped Radian (seems like the Aug./06 DOM from CT are many short strapped seats), and I would have to wait to hear back from him to see what seat he is sending me and when.

I am getting anxious because now I have to be induced to deliver tomorrow, and so I don't want our new seat to show up at home over the next few days as no one will be here to receive it, so it will go back to post office and my hubby will have to pick it up. Won't really have time to do that with a newborn and busy 4 year old, so I was hoping to hear back from him right away.

I'll post once I get an update, Tiger

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I am waiting to hear back from Brad C. Lucy called me from the office and asked me to email Brad right away with the strap lot#, DOM, etc. I did that immediately, and haven't heard back from him - it's been 9 days now, so not sure if he's off or busy. She said I definitely have a short strapped Radian (seems like the Aug./06 DOM from CT are many short strapped seats), and I would have to wait to hear back from him to see what seat he is sending me and when.

I am getting anxious because now I have to be induced to deliver tomorrow, and so I don't want our new seat to show up at home over the next few days as no one will be here to receive it, so it will go back to post office and my hubby will have to pick it up. Won't really have time to do that with a newborn and busy 4 year old, so I was hoping to hear back from him right away.

I'll post once I get an update, Tiger

I believe mine made it here within two weeks of being told I would get a new one. It was delivered UPS and even though I was told it needed a signature (and I was home at the time), the UPS guy just left it on my doorstep and ran.

Good luck with your induction! I was induced both times with the boys... had pre-eclampsia.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC