Can't see all responses???

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
On some threads, the last post shown on the main screen is much more recent than what I can see when I click on the thread. I'm not sure if I am making any sense.

For example, on a thread on the main forum, the last post shown on a thread may say "1:15 a.m." but when I click on it, the last post I can see is from 8:15 p.m. the previous evening.

And, yes, I am looking at second or third pages when applicable.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If it's not a poll thread, alert it. We've had trouble in the past with disappearing posts. I think the only "solution" was to lock the thread so it people stopped trying to post in it.

Check the list of posts above the first post on the page and see if the new posts appear on there. (The one for this post says:
- Patriot20171 Can't see all responses??? Today, 10:36 AM
- - LuvBug03 Re: Can't see all responses??? Today, 10:38 AM)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
is it a poll thread?
if so it is telling you the most recent post reply, but not post reply.

Sometimes, but not always.

For example, there are currently two threads (that I have checked... there might be more) on which I can only see responses from last night even though the most recent post shows that there were responses this morning. It is so strange!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If it's not a poll thread, alert it. We've had trouble in the past with disappearing posts. I think the only "solution" was to lock the thread so it people stopped trying to post in it.

Check the list of posts above the first post on the page and see if the new posts appear on there. (The one for this post says:
- Patriot20171 Can't see all responses??? Today, 10:36 AM
- - LuvBug03 Re: Can't see all responses??? Today, 10:38 AM)

Okay. I will try.

Thanks!

LuvBug

ah, yeah we have had that happen before.

we also had something happen when the posts were there, but way outa order! lol!

give me a name of one of the posts and let me see if its happening on my end as well.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
This is really strange.

On this particular thread, if I put it in linear mode, I can see all responses. But if I put it in hybrid mode, I can only see half of the responses.

I normally have the "view" in linear mode, so that doesn't bother me, but it is a bit strange, isn't it?

LuvBug

yeah every time someone chooses an option in the poll, whether they post a reply or not, it changes the most recent date to reflect the time the poll option was chosen, even if they didnt make a post

other than that I dunno, we have had weird timing issues before...

(dont you hate my commas?)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks, guys, for helping me.

I feel better knowing that it isn't just me. This is a problem that has occurred before. I'm glad to know that I am not just a computer-idiot. :) :p :)

Thanks!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The posts are always there, but in threaded and hybrid mode they may be below the depth of the number that are shown in the tree. There should be links throughout the tree in long threads that let you expand it. Sometimes, new posts get hidden there but you can find them.

Linear mode is the easiest to use if you always want to see the most recent replies easily.

LuvBug

I just answered the poll, without posting a reply. So it will knock the newest reply time up to 9:44 even though there is no new post

thats just how the polls work. to let you know the percentages have now been changed do to an answer to the poll, even if there were no new posts made.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I just answered the poll, without posting a reply. So it will knock the newest reply time up to 9:44 even though there is no new post

thats just how the polls work. to let you know the percentages have now been changed do to an answer to the poll, even if there were no new posts made.

I understand that part, but what is weird is that it was listing the newest response (on the main page, I mean) as 10:36 a.m., as posed by me. But I didn't post at 10:36-- either on the poll or the thread. That doesn't make sense at all.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Now it is saying the latest response is at 10:47 a.m. by me.

I haven't posted to that thread (or answered the poll) since 9:32 a.m.

Perhaps I am not being clear in what my confusion is...

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I understand that part, but what is weird is that it was listing the newest response (on the main page, I mean) as 10:36 a.m., as posed by me. But I didn't post at 10:36-- either on the poll or the thread. That doesn't make sense at all.

You were the last one to make a post so if someone else votes and doesn't post then it just updates the time and leaves you as the last poster since the vote doesn't take a name.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC