Chicco KeyFit 30 and Trevi Stroller at BRU!!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But the Trevi wasn't even out of the box yet :(...the box looked cool, anyway, lol. The KF 30 seemed nice...I dunno...the same as the 22? BUT, the infant/newborn padding was SOFT gawd, for once someone is giving newborns something soft fo sit in, yay, Chicco!

The Gear lady at BRU didn't understand my sarcasm when I said, oh yeah, that Graco Ipo is SO light, as she struggled to heft it to the top shelf (it's NOT light! They should put Combis on the top shelf to save these people's backs, rofl!) and Then she didn't understand what I was trying to tell her about the new Evenflo Advance coming out (still all old Triumphs on the shelves, clearanced priced), then she made a semi snotty remark about Britax lovers loving their Britaxes (or maybe I was just reading that into her tone..I dunno, might as well put down people for liking any other product that's a leader in it's class...)

I'm so stressed out, I hate going to BRU...

Oh, Bitsy liked the Air Booster, had loads of room to grow, thought the seat was nice, but really wanted to gawk at the pink and brown gear and play with the toys...and thought the Turbo with the grey and with pink flowery padding was to die for :)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Chicco KeyFit (regular, 22-pound limit) is on the left (grayish pattern).
Chicco KeyFit 30 (30-pound weight limit) is on the right (orange pattern).
S8000402.jpg

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
(still all old Triumphs on the shelves, clearanced priced),

My BRU only had the old Triumphs too. No clearance prices, though!

The guy at BRU made a snide comment to me when I asked about the new Triumphs, though. He said, "You? Asking about a seat other than the Britax?" I was not amused. :(

cpsaddict

OMG, OMG, I cannot wait to go in tomorrow! Our Triumphs have been clearanced and gone for like two weeks and everyday someone asks if we have a matching car seat for the orange Cortina. Did you see the pretty pink and brown Metrolite travel system? So pretty! I like it a bit better in the pack and play, but still cute.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, we were admiring it (Pink and brown go good together, my little fashion diva assured me, lol).

:)

Is it just the pretty new cover, or does that kf 30 look a little more substantial? I thought it was at least as light and felt like the same size as my old 22, anyway...

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Is it my imagination or does the shell look a little taller? PLEASE can someone measure the back height and tell me if it is taller than the Safeseat 1 - what the difference is?

Also, what do the instructions list as a height for the KF30?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for you whoever does this for me!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Duh, I shoulda put it next to the SS1, I was just so busy trying to see if the base looked different from the old KF, I didn't think about it. Honestly, I'll be surprised if it's as tall as the SS1 (I get 20 inches for the SS1, 21 inches for the Roundabout, for comparison)

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
Awww, Julie I wish you lived near me! or Jacky! I put together the Trevi today, it's much like the pliko...but much cheaper- 129.99. I liked it, I forgot to get the weight. I needed a kid to push around in it, the tires are a bit bumpy so it sort of vibrated. when I pushed it (empty). I'm hoping the weight of a child will make it ride more smoothly. We don't have the Keyfit 30 yet, I'm chomping at the bit..looks like we won't see it until mid-july here in the northeast. I have to say all my associates are looking forward to it and the Evenflo Triumph Advance...When I left today, Cherry Blossom Metrolite was being built. I wish it had the shade and recline mechanism like the Emerson metrolite.

R.

cpsaddict

I knew it was Cherry Blossom, but I wasn't sure if anyone else was obsessed with patterns! I can name all of the Graco patterns. :rolleyes: I think the bases are the same. Two weeks ago we had the bases. On the boxes, the KF 30 was crossed out and the 22 was marked. This week, the new boxes came in and they say Keyfit/Keyfit 30 on them. And they are $10 more! :thumbsdown: $70 for a base!

cookie123

What stroller do you guys like with the Keyfit? I'm considering that for my new DGC (is that an approved abbreviation for grandchild!?)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What stroller do you guys like with the Keyfit? I'm considering that for my new DGC (is that an approved abbreviation for grandchild!?)

I'd say try the Trevi...The Cortina is nice, but a tad bulky...the C1 is nice, but I think discontinued and very expensive. I used mine on a Kolcraft Universal car seat carrier :D (yup, DGC it is :) )

cso1997

Thank you so much for reposting. Uggg...now I want a Keyfit30 for the new baby. But my old Keyfit still has so much life left. I am just sick of the pattern now...oh that is sad!!

Anyone know where I can see a pic of the Trevi? Hmm...maybe I will just have to make the long journey to BRU.

whineandchz

Thank you so much for reposting. Uggg...now I want a Keyfit30 for the new baby. But my old Keyfit still has so much life left. I am just sick of the pattern now...oh that is sad!!

Anyone know where I can see a pic of the Trevi? Hmm...maybe I will just have to make the long journey to BRU.

The trevi is on the Chicco website, bru website, and babyuniverse.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC