Stroller news from ABC

crunchierthanthou

I've only seen a few things so far, but I'm going to start a thread to hold whatever else might come up. :)

Baby Jogger City Mini GT- all I know is it has 3 wheels and a larger basket (maybe like the new Versa's basket?)

okay, City Mini GT info-

-will come in single and in double
–the double will be replacing the City Elite Double (which will be discontinued)
-colors = Orange, Green, and Bamboo (mustard-ish)
-seats are bigger (wider, deeper and taller)
-they’ve added more padding so hopefully the child won’t feel the frame through the fabric
-deeper footrest
-wheels are now 8 1/2 inches, and more rugged and durable
-adjustable handlebar
-the bar that goes across the lower back part of the stroller is now U-Shaped to allow easier access to the basket
-two windows in the canopy
-weight limit of 65 lbs
-weighs 4 lbs more than the BJCM

Apparently the 2012 City Minis will have a few changes as well, like the u-shaped crossbar. It will come in a blue ("Cool Blue").

Last edited:
ADS

CTRS4peds

Orbit Baby Double Helix

http://www.lilsugar.com/Pictures-New-Orbit-Baby-Double-Helix-Double-Stroller-19160541

The handlebar in the center just looks awkward to me.

eta: a video of it (which makes the center handle look not awkward :shrug-shoulders:)-

VID00001 - YouTube

and if you watch the video, look closely at 1:01-1:06.

WHAT BOOSTERS ARE THOSE?!?!?!?! Great colors. :love:

OMG! I saw the same thing! Those look like orbit baby color pack colors!!

I have no need for a double, but that new helix looks very interesting! I LOVE that I could add on to my current g2 and not have to buy a new stroller if I had the need. I do have the sidekick already purchased for when the time comes....

Not sure how I feel about the black chassis, very bugaboo-ish.

crunchierthanthou

P&T news-

The Dot is a new in-line buggy.

New Promenade in-line buggy can be single or double. It is reversible and has many different configurations with seats, bassinets and more (guessing infant seat adapters?).

Mags462

That is one NICE looking stroller. Pretty much covered everything i didn't like about the Mini. :D

Dh is soooo attached to the Ryder though, i doubt he'll part with it for one of these :rolleyes:

BabyKaykes

I think the best thing about the Double Helix is that it can be used as a single, no need for a second stroller. But holly cow, what kind of space will it take up in your gunk/cargo space?!

Keeanh

I think the best thing about the Double Helix is that it can be used as a single, no need for a second stroller. But holly cow, what kind of space will it take up in your gunk/cargo space?!

You keep gunk in your car? And what did you just call Holly? :ROTFLMAO:

crunchierthanthou

tinytreasures said:
You guys are not helping my stroller fever at all :jaw:

Does it help that baby gizmo said the GT will be $100 more than the regular? I'd expect the Versa to be near that, too.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

Mags462

And the versa. :D

m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150...t_fth=0264b22ecd99aea9&_ft_time_ft=1316799268

But why no adjustable handle on that one? :confused: :( or is that? I keep looking and can't tell if that's the hand brake or adjusters.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

It doesn't look like the same mechanism on the GT..... so my guess is a brake - could be wrong though.

IDK i am way excited about the GT..... they're about 2 years too late though! I would have gotten a single one of these years ago.... but i am super attached to my leather handles now! :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I found a press release from Dorel that mentioned a new stroller they're unveiling at ABC. I didn't pay attention, though, because I'm not really a stroller person. Or a Dorel person :duck:

aetj81

crunchierthanthou said:
Orbit Baby Double Helix

http://www.lilsugar.com/Pictures-New-Orbit-Baby-Double-Helix-Double-Stroller-19160541

The handlebar in the center just looks awkward to me.

eta: a video of it (which makes the center handle look not awkward :shrug-shoulders:)-

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAI_G4yFKvc

and if you watch the video, look closely at 1:01-1:06.

WHAT BOOSTERS ARE THOSE?!?!?!?! Great colors. :love:

Loveeeeeee it!!!! And those colors are sooooo bright!

Sent from my LS670 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC