Why a booster for a 4 year old may not be a good idea.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I looked in my little mirror and saw major movement in the back seat. I attempted to video. Amazed that I actually got it in frame. I was not looking at all!

So, anyway. The boys are 4 1/2. The RFer is 3. These are ILoveMy3Boys's boys. I think it shows why a booster would be a bad idea. They move. A lot. If they were in boosters, then would be out of position.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgYUHOdJ0vc"]Booster? - YouTube[/ame]

Plus hey, they are cute.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, hence the disclaimer of, "I did not look at the camera, I am amazed this actually worked"

No way would I be watching them. Mom does not need a car crash and a new baby at the same time.

lol I had them twice this week, and my following distance that is usually great became even more.

Mags462

Haha! Very cute!

And that is precisely why i drive a van, and all three boys are separated by at least one seat ;)

But i AMAZED you got a regent, a prosport, and a RF seat in a 3 across in a sedan. What are you driving?!

cookie123

That's precisely why our new sedan was traded for a van after our 3rd was born, taking a big hit on the trade in. I couldn't stand it. I may have sensory issues. Noise gets to me.

AtTheSouthDam

Yep. That would be DD2 on a calm day with K in the car. Add high pitched non-stop talking and random squeals/scream and you get what I deal with on "field trip" days.

They are cute! It's nature at work. If little kids weren't cute with everything they put us through we'd leave them on the side of the road :p

Kat_Momof3

exactly why! a single 4.5yr old for a rare trip with grandma who can't work or install a harnessed seat due to aging hands... or as an emergency seat... fine

two of them both sitting outboard for similar reasons... (or very large ones who HAVE to booster train as they will outgrow their harnessed seats by 5... assuming these are ones with tall top slots) can also work

but two... especially active kids... OY

by having them harnessed, you can just ignore the noise of their play and excitement and concentrate on the road.

firemomof3

Yes, hence the disclaimer of, "I did not look at the camera, I am amazed this actually worked"

No way would I be watching them. Mom does not need a car crash and a new baby at the same time.

lol I had them twice this week, and my following distance that is usually great became even more.

:doh:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It is a 2002 Malibu. All seat belt installs. I bet I could get the radian in with latch, but I didn't want to.

Tomorrow is a new group of kids. Trying to figure out which seats this time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC