Anyone have a HIPPOSMILE?

ADS

BudgieStew

I've been looking at those for months. I go back and forth about buying the Hipposmile or the Tripp Trapp:rolleyes:
The website Windsor Peak? has some reviews...if that helps anyone out.

BudgieStew

Bumping a really old thread.

I finally found a B and M store that sold these near me and dropped by yesterday to check them out.

It seemed solid, really solid comparable to the Stokke which I do not own but have taken a look at in stores.

I think I saw the Dark Brown one although the sales person insisted it was Teak. I think she was wrong:p

The cushion was thin though and had some threads coming loose on the stitching.
It is something I can live with though for the price point. If it really bothered me I would just see if the KinderZeat cushions work with it or have one made.

Nothing was loose on it.I could not get the seat/foot shelves to budge.

The store was asking 179.00CAD plus taxes and when I ordered it off of e-bay today it came to 134.00USD(so 133.00CAD:thumbsup:) with UPS shipping.

I am assuming Ground shipping within Canada so it should be here by end of this week early next.

I really should have ordered two as DC will be fighting one another for it. :rolleyes:But need to sell a few things first otherwise DH will not be happy.

No there are no fun colors(we ordered dark brown which does not match with our pine dining room set oh well) but they say on their website that they are coming soon. When I e-mailed in the spring they said July..when I e-mailed again last week they said end of year:whistle:

Tripp Trapps go for 300.00 plus taxes here in Canada and they are hard to find used so I can live with plain old wood stain if it saves me mucho cash. Even more so since the blue is no longer avaiable and that is the one DS wanted.

Will update with more once it arrives.

BudgieStew

Its a Canadian company. And ships from Ontario so NO customs and duties!!!!!! Big bonus.
I did consider getting the Tripp Trapp from the U.S as our dollar is doing so well but that nasty customs that I never fail to get nailed with stopped me.
I did find a place that ships standard USPS but even without the broker fees, customs would have jacked the cost up too much.

I do almost all my shopping online and from the U.S...The products I want are rarely sold in Canada.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We have a PO Box (not a USPS one, a private one that can accept packages) in a neighbouring border town. We go down, pick up packages, and then bring them back clearing Customs by land. We generally can bring back $300 worth of stuff without paying even taxes lately!

-N.

BudgieStew

There are some ways of getting around vendors that don't sell to Canada or charge crazy shipping amounts.
A place about an hour from me sells a U.S. address for 199.99USD for a year but the owners tell me that customs duty is still charged when it arrives in at their shop.

Christi61315

we have the trip trapp.. thank to our insurance and we bough a hippo smile for my moms house.. ours came with the padding.. it is a great chair.. the one we have is a washed wood...

BudgieStew

we have the trip trapp.. thank to our insurance and we bough a hippo smile for my moms house.. ours came with the padding.. it is a great chair.. the one we have is a washed wood...

DH said to go with the dark brown as it would hide dirt better:whistle:
But to have it match our dining set would have be nice.

What color is the white washed...more white or more like a natural wood pine. Its hard to tell on my screen as my monitor is 10 years old!!!Things are dark.
DH also did not know that the white wash was 20.00 cheaper. I neglect to mention details to him if its in my best interest.

How is it holding up to use? Did it arrive in good shape. Some reviews mention the delivery damages it. Ws it hard to put together.

I've been looking at it online since last March its really hard to find detailed reviews.

Christi61315

It arrived in good conditon.. He loves the chair...

We have had it for about 8 months and it is holding up great

It it not bright white just white... let me see if I have a pic of him in it..

BudgieStew

It arrived this morning. Put together in 45 minutes, would have been less but I had a helper:)
Arrived super fast and in great shape. I only had problems with getting two of the screws to go in straight and thought I might have a problem but it worked out.

DD loves it.I might have to hide it until I buy another one for her.This one was for DS. I see lots of fighting over it if we just have the one.
I sat my 110 lb self on it and it was sturdy.
Honestly if I didn't know better it could be a KinderZeat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC