Vehicle recommendations?

Mags462

I think most of these will be out of her price range.

Depends really on what is out there and available, how much she has to put down (even 1500K can make a big difference), how long she is willing to finance (i don't do longer than 5yr, she may not care), how good her credit is, if she will have a co-signer, how good she is at negotiating, how high mileage she wants to go, etc. :D

Since i am local-ish to the OP i did a quick autotrader search and found tons of pacifica's under 12K (just guessing on a round number to get her to the 200 mo pyment she wants), a few tahoes, and one pilot. :)

I looked up local lease offers and it looks like if she is open to leasing, she can lease a Kia Sorento (seats 7) for under $250.....

ADS

livsmum

Yes, those things are all going to play into it.

I think she can dismiss the Traverse/Acadia. They're so expensive NEW, let alone used. Same for the Saturn/Buick.

I only dismiss them as I don't really consider something with high miles, others might, but I wouldn't.

Depends really on what is out there and available, how much she has to put down (even 1500K can make a big difference), how long she is willing to finance (i don't do longer than 5yr, she may not care), how good her credit is, if she will have a co-signer, how good she is at negotiating, how high mileage she wants to go, etc. :D

Since i am local-ish to the OP i did a quick autotrader search and found tons of pacifica's under 12K (just guessing on a round number to get her to the 200 mo pyment she wants), a few tahoes, and one pilot. :)

I looked up local lease offers and it looks like if she is open to leasing, she can lease a Kia Sorento (seats 7) for under $250.....

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Most crossover midsize SUVs with a 3rd will be too expensive I think. Same for truck based models except for older ones that lack stuff you'd really want like stability control and side curtain airbags.

If she won't do a minivan, the Mazda 5 or Chrysler Pacifica come to mind as reasonable options. Perhaps an older Volvo wagon with the 3rd row that might work well for the 8yo.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle....she liked the Mazda5!!!!!!!! She LOVES the sliding door feature! Of course, she needs to check one out in person and test drive it, but she didn't dismiss it even with it's mini-minivanish qualities. ;) I told her if she didn't get one, I might. LOL I don't think she'd want to be driving the same kind of family car as a Grandma....so if she get's one, I probably won't. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC