Can someone who owns an SR30 do me a favor?

zactayaus

The online manual says do not us handle position C while in the vehicle. I can't tell from the illustration if position C is just before the seat shell or even with it as position D is right there too and maybe that one is actually even with the shell. I would also big heart sparkly love you if you could post pics of the seat with each handle position (there are 5). I'll give you rep!:D

Reactions: Kac
ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I don't have a SR30 on me, but I can tell you that the two middle positions starting ftom upright are not allowed. Completely upright - ok, next two stops - not allowed, final two stops allowed.

zactayaus

I don't have a SR30 on me, but I can tell you that the two middle positions starting ftom upright are not allowed. Completely upright - ok, next two stops - not allowed, final two stops allowed.

Thanks. I do know that info but I need to know if the 3rd position (position C) is even with the top of the seats shell or if position D (the 4th position) is. I hope that make since.

JerseyGirl'sMama

zactayaus said:
Thanks. I do know that info but I need to know if the 3rd position (position C) is even with the top of the seats shell or if position D (the 4th position) is. I hope that make since.

Ah, yes. C is even with the top of the shell. D is mid way down.

zactayaus

Ah, yes. C is even with the top of the shell. D is mid way down.

Thank you! That is what I needed to know.

So now out of Graco's five infant seats (SR22, SR30, SR32, SS1, SR30) three of these seats (SR22, SR30, SR35) do not allow the handle to be even with the top of the shell. I originally thought it was just 2 (SR22, SR35) of the seats that had this rule and then someone mentioned this seat as well and I just wanted to verify. Thanks again!

zactayaus

i wonder why they changed it?????

from being allowed to use position C with the ss1/SR32??? and not with the 35???

I've been wondering the same thing. I mean I was under the assumption that the SS1, SR32, and SR35 were all the same exact seat just tested to higher weight limits.

xursusmaritimusx

I've been wondering the same thing. I mean I was under the assumption that the SS1, SR32, and SR35 were all the same exact seat just tested to higher weight limits.

yeah.... i have both the SS1 and the SR35, my sister has an SR32, and i see NO differences in them at all....... so unless they changed something we cant see, or did better testing?????

i guess more thorough testing is always a possibility...
but.... hmmmmmmmmmmm dont know why that would suddenly change the handle positions.... i feel like if it was such a deal they should have gone back and said NOT to use it with the SS1/SR32

jewlsvern

So frustrating for all the differences. I think I have an SS1 either 30 or 32 and the top of the shell is allowed. My sister had a baby in April and I think hers is the SR32 and she was told at the hospital that it MUST be at the top of the shell and could absolutely not be upright.

Why can't they just make it the same for all the seats. It just makes it confusing for everyone.

zactayaus

So frustrating for all the differences. I think I have an SS1 either 30 or 32 and the top of the shell is allowed. My sister had a baby in April and I think hers is the SR32 and she was told at the hospital that it MUST be at the top of the shell and could absolutely not be upright.

Why can't they just make it the same for all the seats. It just makes it confusing for everyone.

All graco infant seats allow the handle to be in the upright position when being used in the vehicle.

jewlsvern

All graco infant seats allow the handle to be in the upright position when being used in the vehicle.

I keep trying to tell her that, but she insists it musts be at the top of the shell since the nurse at the hospital told her so, even though her seat (SR30) does not allow it. You can't convince her otherwise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC