Evenflo® 'Traditions Plus' Harness Booster Car Seat

Misty-Bug

does anyone know about these seats?
My friend has it for her almost 3 year old. The little girl is a BIG girl and I am afraid she is gonna out grow the seat limit of 47/48 before she is 4. Does anyone know if it has been tested to 65 lbs? They can't afford to buy a new seat. I am afraid of my niece being in a booster before 4, because the dang seat isn't made to last her or any other big kids

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The seat has about 16" top harness slots so not gauranteed to last the longest. Evenflo 5pt with booster option seats only go to 40lbs in the US so I can't see that it has ever been approved for 65lbs, if it has been tested to that I would guess it didn't pass.

The seat is outgrown when the shoulders are above the top harness slot, the weight limit is met or her ears come to the top of the seat. If they can't afford a new seat it would be safer for your niece to ride in a booster then in a seat that she doesn't fit anymore.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
No, it definitely has NOT been tested to 65lbs. The maximum weight limit is 47lbs.

Once your niece outgrows this in weight/height she will need to move it to the BPB mode or get a new seat.

The two seats that will go to 65lbs are the Marathon and the Radian.
The Marathon will offer 1 - 2" of extra torso growing room.
The Radian will offer 2 - 4" of extra torso growing room.

How big is she (height/weight)? Usually the Graco and Evenflo Combination seats will get a child to at least 4 here in Canada because of their higher weight limits.

If she is quite big and outgrowing the Traditions due to weight, she will most likely not be comfortable in either the Marathon or the Radian as they are not as wide through the bum area as the Traditions.

Misty-Bug

they can't afford Britax's. I can't! Is there some kind of foundation or something I can apply them to to get a seat that will fit her. I am not sure what her weight is now but when her sister was born, 4 months ago, she was just 40lbs. She is a big girl and she wouldn't fit into the narrower seats. I wish I could help them but as it is I am saving my pennies to buy my son a new one when it is time

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
7lbs is a lot of weight to gain in one year between the age of 3 and 4. This is typically when they start to slow down in their weight gain.

If she stays on her current percentile on the growth chart, that would put her at 47lbs at approximately 4.5 - 5 years old. She would be fine to switch into booster mode at that age.

The Radian and Marathon are both narrower than the Traditions (in terms of bum/hip space), so price aside, she would not find them comfortable. I do not know of any foundations giving seats out, but in this case, it sounds like it would not matter as the only two that have the higher weight limit would not be comfortable for her.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The Apex does not go to 65lbs here and from what I have heard, they have no current intentions of raising the weight limit on it... I know, that doesn't make sense, but it's what I've been told. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC