Angle Adjuster

ADS

sparkyd

I just saw this on facebook and read through the comments. Wow. Lots of negative nellies there. I don't know what to think of it yet, other than I'm interested to know more.

I didn't see any price quoted. Apparently it will be available (in the US at least) at the end of the month.

dingohate

I read through the comments and while I agree that SK has some sketchy products that I would never buy/use - I don't see how this would change the quality of an install. It just simulates a more sloped car seat with foam vs. car LOL. It doesn't go under the boot, it sits behind it... so I guess I don't see what the big deal is. I could easily slip this under my Radian AFTER installing it good and tight (from what I could tell by looking at it anyway) :shrug-shoulders:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I read through the comments and while I agree that SK has some sketchy products that I would never buy/use - I don't see how this would change the quality of an install. It just simulates a more sloped car seat with foam vs. car LOL. It doesn't go under the boot, it sits behind it... so I guess I don't see what the big deal is. I could easily slip this under my Radian AFTER installing it good and tight (from what I could tell by looking at it anyway) :shrug-shoulders:

This is my take on it as well. There's a thread on the US forum, I'll have to find the link, but it's discussed in more detail in there.

From what I've seen, it looks like a super dense foam that might have a slightly tacky texture to it. But I tend to look at it as simulating a more sloped vehicle seat as well and since they've tested it with the Radian, we have to trust it.

As I said to somebody earlier - if you don't trust something that a manufacturer says about the seat, can you trust anything else they've told you about the seat? I'm sure Diono realizes this and has tested this well before bringing it to market.

It's somewhat ironic that so many people were so excited, and now people are criticizing it harshly without having even seen it. A wedge is really exactly what it is and it appears to do the job. I'm not sure what else could be expected - I'm actually glad to see that it sits the way it does and isn't just a small piece under the bum which is what I'd imagined. :shrug-shoulders:

LittlePeanut

I'm not sure what else could be expected

I think many of us were really hoping they would finally come out with a toddler boot to be put in place of the current boot. That way it attaches directly to the seat and is part of the seat too (rather than just an added piece of foam under the seat.

At least that's what *I* was expecting.

featherhead

I think many of us were really hoping they would finally come out with a toddler boot to be put in place of the current boot. That way it attaches directly to the seat and is part of the seat too (rather than just an added piece of foam under the seat.

But again, a toddler boot would probably make installs even harder, putting the belt path even lower to the seat. I think the angle adjuster is a good solution.

snowbird25ca

They've been calling it a wedge all along, so I don't think they ever intended to make it a different boot. Who knows though, I'd expected a different shape, but it's otherwise exactly the way I'd imagined it based on other threads.

equilibrium

I'm curious about this as well. I think actually that if tested, safe, and doesn't impact the install at all-wouldn't this be better than a toddler boot? But, if people see this in use perhaps they will use other items to prop the seat up. Which leads me to saying how would either impact the safety of the seat? Ie/ what if we had a high density foam piece. Not safe? Do you think that it might become allowable such as pool noodles to achieve a good rf angle for a seat?

snowbird25ca

I'm curious about this as well. I think actually that if tested, safe, and doesn't impact the install at all-wouldn't this be better than a toddler boot? But, if people see this in use perhaps they will use other items to prop the seat up. Which leads me to saying how would either impact the safety of the seat? Ie/ what if we had a high density foam piece. Not safe? Do you think that it might become allowable such as pool noodles to achieve a good rf angle for a seat?

A few thoughts on this... 1st one being, the Radian is really the only seat out there that wants to over-recline in many vehicles. If you bought a Britax or Evenflo or Cosco/Dorel - you get the picture, you'd be either fine, or you'd be having to add a pool noodle to get the seat sufficiently reclined. (With the exception of vehicles which have flat and super firm backseats - but most modern vehicles don't have perfectly flat back seats.)

Over-recline of a seat is rarely a problem - with the exception of Radians. So parents really never have cause to worry about getting a seat more upright. Not in the vast majority of cases anyways.

People get creative now in terms of plywood and 2X4's and you-name-it. It is amazing the types of things you see at public seat checks. So I don't think that this will really give rise to any new DIY inspirations. For one most seats don't need it so it would be a useless idea that was counter-productive to what they were trying to achieve, and two - anybody who is intent on going-their-own-direction in regards to an installation is going to do it anyways. Whether it be rf tethering in a seat that doesn't allow it, using an infant seat ff'ing, or whatever random thing you want to throw out there.

Misuse is rampant out there, and some of the things you see are things that are unbelievable - until you see them over and over. So do I think this will give people ideas they haven't previously had? Nope, not really.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC