$99 Nautilus @ Superstore

tam_shops

I see one RN for $150 from 08.

I paid $40 shipped XTSL for my pad it was in EEUC. I tried selling mine old original style one on CL and had no luck, tried for $30.

I LIKE your idea about not opening it. I already opened mine and am still doing the internal debate...

Now, SS has found me a grey one, LOVE that idea, it's a bit newer but makes no difference b/c it's still 2010...I can use my $25 SS credit, but have to drive 45min to get it. I already have a CT (brown) one and a friend said she'd swap the covers for me b/c she didn't care brown/grey. I'm fine w/ time, but it's an awful lot of gas to spend to get there/back. Kind of think I'm rather obsessed at this point and should drop it! LOL

tam

ADS

dragonfly8

I see one RN for $150 from 08.

I paid $40 shipped XTSL for my pad it was in EEUC. I tried selling mine old original style one on CL and had no luck, tried for $30.

I LIKE your idea about not opening it. I already opened mine and am still doing the internal debate...

Now, SS has found me a grey one, LOVE that idea, it's a bit newer but makes no difference b/c it's still 2010...I can use my $25 SS credit, but have to drive 45min to get it. I already have a CT (brown) one and a friend said she'd swap the covers for me b/c she didn't care brown/grey. I'm fine w/ time, but it's an awful lot of gas to spend to get there/back. Kind of think I'm rather obsessed at this point and should drop it! LOL

tam

I guess the question is....do you really really want a nauti? When I was looking at the Frontier, the nauti was my second choice. I can't wait to take it out of the box and play with it!

tam_shops

The question isn't do I *want* one, I sure do, can't wait to play with it. The question is do I *need* one! That I am not sure! LOL

I'm thinking it'll come in very handy for play dates, field trips and day trips (rare) w/ family. I also think I might *need* one for YDS for d/c in the next year b/c I'm wanting to go back to work more and his current d/c might not have space...

tam

V

VanIsleMommy

I would go for the nauti since it can transition into a booster. however for a ff harnessed seat I prefer the radian, I find we get major head slumping if he falls asleep in the nauti. it's also a lot wider and he has to climb over the arms to get in. between the radian and the nauti I think we're good until he outgrows car seats altogether... unless something tempting comes out heehee...

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have one in my house with a DOM of 2011/05/29. Our southern MB Walmart did not have one but got one in from Winnipeg and they matched Superstore's price. Apparently none of the MB Superstores got any. TRU said they would not price match the flyer because they know that Superstore in Winnipeg did not get any in but Walmart has been price matching.

featherhead

I have one in my house with a DOM of 2011/05/29. Our southern MB Walmart did not have one but got one in from Winnipeg and they matched Superstore's price. Apparently none of the MB Superstores got any. TRU said they would not price match the flyer because they know that Superstore in Winnipeg did not get any in but Walmart has been price matching.

Haha, so is it for you or someone else?

tam_shops

Yeah Jewels! Great to get a price match, our WM didn't have any. I really didn't get on it fast enough to get one that new! LOL

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, me! Got one at a SS otherwise an hour out of my way, it was only 20min out of my way b/c I had an appt at WM for pictures out that way anyway, so Yeah, yeah, yeah me! LOL Interesting how the different areas sell out of things faster than others. Our SS had 6 to start and they were gone by 7am. This one had one still last night when they put it on hold for me! Guess, I could have done a few more phone calls to see if another WM or Sears had them, ours was out, but this one is grey and Sept 2010, so I really only lost out on one year's worth of use! LOL AND, I had a $25 SS gift card, so it cost me $79. Yeah, yeah, yeah me!

I now have to *deal* with that brown one from CT, have 90 days to return but it stresses me to have two in the house, so will ask a few friends that have seats expiring soon and otherwise, will CL and/or return to CT. Seems a shame to return to CT, they were selling it for $200 and I'd rather pass the deal along to someone else!

tam

dragonfly8

Well...........
I've decided to sell the Radian and keep the Nautilus. Took it out of the box, set it up.......and I really like it! It's sitting in my kitchen at the moment....hopefully it's an easy install.
I'm having surgery tomorrow, so it will actually be installed in hubby's truck tonight, he's taking both boys to grandma and poppa's tomorrow (so for the short trip, Connor will go in the turbo booster), and then the nauti will go into their vechile. So it will be a few days before I get it installed into my car.

One thing I don't like, and I know it's not a huge deal, are the UAS clips......after the superlatch, they seem so flimsy.....but my car is old school, or rather....vintage as I like to call it, so no UAS for me!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Haha, so is it for you or someone else?

No it is not for me. Well kind of but not really.
A friend bought one for her oldest last year for their main vehicle and then they have a 2nd vehicle with another seat in it. They had another baby who got handed down the 3 in 1 that baby 1 was in until he got the GN. Anyways now that the GN was on sale they bought it for their baby but he isn't 1 until November and I told her he had to RF until 2 (she's a good friend). So we traded seats. She has my spare RN and she gave me her NIB GN until she is ready to flip. Make sense?

And it is a brown cover.

featherhead

No it is not for me. Well kind of but not really.
A friend bought one for her oldest last year for their main vehicle and then they have a 2nd vehicle with another seat in it. They had another baby who got handed down the 3 in 1 that baby 1 was in until he got the GN. Anyways now that the GN was on sale they bought it for their baby but he isn't 1 until November and I told her he had to RF until 2 (she's a good friend). So we traded seats. She has my spare RN and she gave me her NIB GN until she is ready to flip. Make sense?

And it is a brown cover.

Ah, I see. Enjoy!

tam_shops

LOL Jewels, I was jealous, but I'll keep my 2010 grey one! ggg

I posted my brown one on CL and emailed my friends that I *know* have kids in expired, or almost expired seats. Know I'm a geek, but surprised no one else was excited and/or jumped at it! LOL

tam

Kat_Shoshin

I am looking for a girly one before xmas for my niece - how hard is it to escape from? She escapes the radians and she will soon be too tall for the chase (hardest car seat to get out of).

tam_shops

Kat, I'd have bought one of these and then a spare cover, but that ship has sailed! I can tell you my 5yo CAN undo the buckles on the RN and MA and Frontier and can NOT undo the funny buckle of the GN. I'm sure he'd figure it out in time but...

I was sad to return the extra GN to CT since no one even on CL wanted it for $100...got my money back though! LOL

tam

Kat_Shoshin

They didn't have them at Superstore here anyway - so this sale wasn't an option for me. I just am looking for a Girly Nautilus when they come around.

She can be bribed and distracted, but her parents don't think to and would rather something she cannot undo - she currently can't escape the Chase (outgrowing it by height) or the Maestro (Nan's car). Glad to know the Nautilus is another seat that would contain her.

In my car she stays put, and she can get completely out of a RFing radian given enough time. I have a mirror in and the other kids keep her in check though. She will be harnessed a long time with her behavioral issues, so I am looking for something that will go the distance for her.

featherhead

They didn't have them at Superstore here anyway - so this sale wasn't an option for me. I just am looking for a Girly Nautilus when they come around.

She can be bribed and distracted, but her parents don't think to and would rather something she cannot undo - she currently can't escape the Chase (outgrowing it by height) or the Maestro (Nan's car). Glad to know the Nautilus is another seat that would contain her.

In my car she stays put, and she can get completely out of a RFing radian given enough time. I have a mirror in and the other kids keep her in check though. She will be harnessed a long time with her behavioral issues, so I am looking for something that will go the distance for her.

Maybe, maybe not. My 4 year old can reach the harness adjuster lever thing, so she can loosen the straps. She can also undo the chestclip. Thankfully she is good about only doing that when the vehicle is parked, and it's time to get out. The upside is she can also buckle herself, and tighten almost all the way.

tam_shops

Heather, can she undo that buckle? I was kind of surprised he couldn't even after I showed him. He's been undoing his seats for awhile now, knows to wait...Since I'll be using this seat as a spare (in others cars) frankly I prefer him doing himself up/undoing himself. I *know* he knows how to do it and don't want to trouble anyone...Nice to know I can show him how to lean forward and loosen it, that'll certainly help and he could then just crawl out...

tam

featherhead

Heather, can she undo that buckle? I was kind of surprised he couldn't even after I showed him. He's been undoing his seats for awhile now, knows to wait...Since I'll be using this seat as a spare (in others cars) frankly I prefer him doing himself up/undoing himself. I *know* he knows how to do it and don't want to trouble anyone...Nice to know I can show him how to lean forward and loosen it, that'll certainly help and he could then just crawl out...

tam

No, she can't do the buckle yet. Not quite enough strength yet. But it certainly makes it easier for us that she can do the rest!

tam_shops

Thanks Heather, good to know. I was wondering if he'd just figure it out or if I'd have to have him practice, or if he'd get it at all! LOL

tam

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Maybe, maybe not. My 4 year old can reach the harness adjuster lever thing, so she can loosen the straps. She can also undo the chestclip. Thankfully she is good about only doing that when the vehicle is parked, and it's time to get out. The upside is she can also buckle herself, and tighten almost all the way.

My daughter was able to loosen and unbuckle herself after her 2nd or 3rd trip in her Nautilus. Thank goodness she was responsible enough to know to only unbuckle once the key is out of the ignition. It really did make things easier though because I could teach her to buckle herself. I don't remember how old she was without searching out the DOM on the seat. I'm thinking she was 4.5 at the time but I don't remember for sure.

Ds on the other hand has no interest in even loosening himself and I haven't encouraged it either. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC