More Radian / Russ Emails

jennsmile

I emailed Russ about not being able to install with a seatbelt. I am looking long term. I want to keep the Radian outboard so my kids don't fight/distract driver. But I can't seem to get it to work in my 2001 Taurus. I emailed him and sent pictures. Then I decided to also send an email explaining the LONG BELT PATH. I linked to the Regent hand book and told him to look at page twelve. I also explained I get a GREAT install with no movement when I dod that.

He said "Thanks. I will check it out. "

I really hope he does more than check it out. Should I email mail back, and joke about not checking it out but testing it out.

Jenn

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes, yes! Please urge him to seriously consider whatever it takes to install the Radian with the reverse/long belt path -- I seem to have got gears going in the rep's mind at the Eastern Regional conference, but the more people pushing for it the better: especially when this is the 1 (affordable!) seat that can be used for extended harnessing for obese kids without top tether & yet enough vehicles on the road still have seatbelt buckles that are forward of the bight (Apex is useless in such vehicles mostly because these vehicles also often lack head support & Cosco has made it clear they will NOT resolve that issue for reasons of cost *SIGH*)

Loves2sing

I guess it costs too much to keep our children safe Cosco? Thanks a lot, I will definatley be a life long customer now!:rolleyes:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Definitely e-mail him back. The Radian needs the reverse belt path! It would eliminate so many install issues.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I sent Russ an email today about the long belt path...

"I had mentioned, I believe in our telephone communication, that I had issues installing the Radian in my van and in my husbands truck w/ the seatbelt (installs like a dream w/ LATCH, but my son is 44 lbs, so we don't have much time left for that). I wanted to let you know that, just for fun, I installed the Radian using the reverse belt path that the Britax Regent utilizes, and it installed perfectly! Have you guys tested this method? It would solve all of my problems!"

His response:

"I am so glad that you love your new Radian! We have not tested the reverse belt path yet, but a few people have asked now, so we will look into it."

So, keep on emailing... maybe it's getting through to him?

easterbun

I find it very interesting that it's almost like the seat was designed for a reverse belt path.. with the velcro on the cover where it is!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC