Honda Accord or Toyota Camry?

mommy2env

If you had to choose, which one would be your first pick?

Which back seat is larger? I will have my 5 yr old, 11 yr old, and a newborn next year.

We're looking at getting a 2009-2010.

ADS

tiggercat

How big is your 11 yr old? I love my camry (03) but because of the shape of the OB seats, three across is a challenge. I do have Olli, RF radian, old style parkway right now and it works, but both boosters need adult help to buckle and my 10 yr old (85? Lbs, 4ft9 a last measure) is miles from 5 stepping.
I don't think you can go wrong with either vehicle, really.

steph

I personally like the looks of the Accord better, so that would be my choice.

Edmunds.com should say the width of the back seat for both.

mommy2env

My 11 yr old barely passes the 5 step test in my 06' Sienna, so I'm hoping she does in these cars too. She still rides in a Clek booster because she's comfy though.

I would have either a ProSport/Frontier 85, A keyfit 30, and my 11 yr old in just the seatbelt.

steph

Edmunds.com says the 2010 Honda Accord back seat width (hip room) is 54.3, shoulder room is 56.4.

The 2010 Camry hip room is 53.9 and the shoulder room is 56.9.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I haven't compared the two directly, but one feature I liked about the Camry was the back seat that had a recine adjustment.

Mags462

We are in the market for one or the other as well ;)

For us its simply finding the best deal - either is a good choice. I think it's a personal preference. DH likes the way the Accord handles, so that is what he would choose if we had to decide TODAY, but since we have time to find a really good deal we are open to either option.

FWIW My parents have a 2010 (i think, it might be an 09....) Camry XLE with all the bells and whistles and i like it just fine. I have installed a TF in both directions with no issues and also a GN - always with latch and its a bit tricky to access the latch so uninstalling the GN was a little frustrating. I probably won't install the GN again with latch just because it made me mad! :p

I think it's really apples to apples - find one you like and get it :D

Dillipop

My parents have an 07 Accord and it is a pita for 3 across. If you dd 5 steps, though, it would be great. My parents bought it over the camry because my dad is over 6 ft and found the accord had more head room for him.

mommy2env

Okay, so would you guys only buy Certified Used cars? I've seen some good deals on cars, but they aren't certified. A Camry at a Honda dealer, they can't certify it. Or an Accord at a Toyota dealer. :rolleyes:

Their deals are all on interest rates, and that makes no difference to us! We already have a good rate. Ugh.

V

VanIsleMommy

I've driven both and driving-wise, I would say accord. Car-seat wise, I can't really say... I know the LATCH in the camry is a pain to get to but I don't know about the accord.

As far as buying certified, it really wouldn't matter to me. I would look everywhere for a used model with the features I wanted for a low price and low mileage and a clean carfax report. I actually found the used certified cars on the dealership lots were almost as much as buying new when you factor in financing.

Also keep in mind that with some financing options you can get an extended warranty. depending on the price it may not be worth it though.

Mags462

Meh.... certified is over rated. It wouldn't bother me in the least to buy non-certified. Actually i have never bought a certified used car :eek: I think any used Honda/Toyota that is maintained (you can tell by checking the car fax) is a safe buy. I bought my 2005 van with 77K miles on it without hesitation. It's been a great buy. So i would say skip the certified used, its just the dealerships way of charging you more money IMO.

I did a little more digging just to further help my personal decision, and i found out that any 4 cyl. Accord 2003 and newer, and 4 cyl Camry 2002 and newer has a timing CHAIN.... big deal to me. It won't have to be changed like the belts.... My 1998 Nissan had a timing chain and i LOVED it.... so now i know that a 6cyl is out of the question. I don't want a timing BELT if i can avoid it! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC