LBP with Radian?

Tara

I know I know, read the manual...I will...it's just not in front of me. I'm just curious....anyone ever used a long belt path with a Radian? Is it legal? Is it possible?

I just had the crazy thought today, thought I'd toss it out to see if anyone else had already thought it and quite possibly followed through ;)

ADS

Calleiah

I remember someone trying it and getting a nice solid install. Wish we could do it but those sides are not reinforced for that. There's some hope that the new radians (dionos) will be reinforced because of the booster portion but I haven't heard any updates on that.

Tara

Carp, that's what I was afraid of...and what I figured..that it *would* get a nice install that way.

Well, back to dealing with my limited LATCh seating arrangements. At least I have that. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The thing is that it's an open belt path. So that's not really different than just buckling over the seat...

Tara

yeah, I see what you're sayin'

Like I said, just a crazy random thought. I thought I had 'heard' here before that someone tried it 'for giggles', which is why I posted.

Well, hopefully Diono can help with those install issues, one way or another. It likely won't matter for *me* now, but anyway ;) That seat needs to get a better fit with seat belt installs, period. I know some get great installs, but those that don't...don't. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No, the old ones have an open belt path. Meaning no shell between belt and child, which is why the LBP would be no different than buckling the belt over the seat.

all together ooky

No, the old ones have an open belt path. Meaning no shell between belt and child, which is why the LBP would be no different than buckling the belt over the seat.

This confuses me? If doing a LBP on a Radian it would go over the side and behind and then over the other side. BUT, the sides aren't reinforced for that so we can't do it. Why is it an open belt path? Or are you saying the new Diono Radian in booster mode is an open belt path? :confused:

Pixels

The new TrendZ Eurosport has an open belt path. It also has long belt path. The two are in no way mutually exclusive.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
This confuses me? If doing a LBP on a Radian it would go over the side and behind and then over the other side. BUT, the sides aren't reinforced for that so we can't do it. Why is it an open belt path? Or are you saying the new Diono Radian in booster mode is an open belt path? :confused:

Ooooh, I get it. I see what you mean.

YEah, the sides are not reinforced. I thought you meant just going behind the cover- I was like, um, no...

Apparently I have reading comprehension issues today. :ROTFLMAO: This is like the third or fourth thread I've been way confused in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC