Officially hate my RN. Any hope for another conv. w/ 2 HBBs?

luckyclov

I can't pretend that I like my Radians anymore. I have one installed RF outboard in DH's '10 F-150 SuperCrew. At the moment, it's installed with SL, but it's not a "solid" install. It's fairly close to 1" of side-to-side movement. I also don't like that it's at 45 degrees when DS2 is riding in it. I know SKJP allows bracing, but I don't think Ford does. And DH is a giant pansy when it comes to "stress" on his man truck's interior parts. I just...don't...like it.:eek:

Problem is, it's in a 3 across with two Montereys. And I'm not willing to get rid of the Montereys.

Is there anything else out there that may work? Or do I just need to suck it up?

DS2 is 19 mths old, 33", 26 lbs, not a short torso, but not freaky long, either.

ADS

melniemi

I would think you could fit nearly anything 3 across in a big truck? I can in my hubby's chevy pickup and in the middle row of my Yukon.

Dorothy

This caught my eye bc DS has similar stats. He's in a Scenera or Ave. Not the longest-lasting, but might work for now. I guess it depends a little on how you feel about Dorel's 45* rule, though...

Does the MR work? I imagine, even if it does puzzle, that it encroaches on neighboring space too much. I can get three across easily in my Silverado with a MR and TF in the mix, though. So, it *might* be a possibility.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org. Ignore the Autocorrect...

luckyclov

The only Dorel seat I would consider, at this point in time, is the Pria 70. I'm going to try it, but I doubt it's going to work in the mix the way I "need" it to.

The back seat is huge, yes, but with two bulky Montereys in the mix, I need a bit of space for the big kids to get buckled. The Montereys are center and outboard.

luckyclov

Have you tried your MA70?
I have not, yet. That's actually a good idea, though! I'm going to try it tonight. It's been, by far, my favorite convertible so far and it wouldn't make me cry too hard if I had to get another one.:p

I'm just wondering how it would puzzle since it sits up a bit higher.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC