A properly used seat is always better than a miss used one...

arly1983

Right?

I know this but please remind me of it.

J is very happily riding in a clek olli and its worrying me a little bit...ok, alot. :eek:

Its what he likes the best and sits in the best so....

(I will admit that I like it too...much better than the backless turbo and he has better posture in it and most importantly WILL SIT BACK which was our problem with high back boosters)

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
If he sits properly in the backless but not in the high back then he is safer in the backless.

Kat_Momof3

hey, at 6.5, Damian HAD to go backless (until I got my hands on a Britax Parkway) as that is when that huge child outgrew the Britax Regent and (at the same time) all other highback boosters (turbobooster, evenflo big kid)

He is why I wished and wished and begged manufacturers for taller and taller boosters... the frontier 85 would have been THE seat to have for him.

But back on topic... if he sits properly 100% of the time, it is safe to use and of course, a properly used seat is better than one not properly used.

obviously, for long rides where he's more likely to sleep, then I'd want to put in one that can have the back attached when he gets sleepy and will stay sitting back, but otherwise, it's definitely safer to have him in a booster where he sits all the way back properly than one he won't... even if that means going backless.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC