pria 70 in my car

turtlemama

I tried the new Pria 70 in my car today. I was rushed since the store guy was there watching me and he was annoyed(I had him take the tiny fit out, he thought it didn't come out, I insisted it did. He wouldn't let me do it myself)
He told the manager after I took these pics. They thought I was from some company :confused: She came and talked to me asking what I was doing, who I as with etc. I'm just a car seat crazy mom!

First, does this angle (in the store so I realize it might be different installed) seem right?
294677_2374790008680_1218459240_2990965_3054810_n.jpg

205842_2374790208685_1218459240_2990966_7057925_n.jpg

228969_2374790968704_1218459240_2990969_456823_n.jpg

In the car with my 2 year old
298243_2374775528318_1218459240_2990958_5921167_n.jpg

Seat almost all the way back. It would have been more upright if fully tightened.
294115_2374775088307_1218459240_2990957_4579906_n.jpg

Lowest position, straps are still slightly above his shoulder, they were routed through the upper slots though
262464_2374774168284_1218459240_2990956_7498105_n.jpg

Highest position, slots are right at the bottom of the head rest.
301510_2374773488267_1218459240_2990954_5611428_n.jpg

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Awesome, thanks! Was that in the third or second position in the car?

That looks normal in the store. It looks super reclined with the TinyFit in there, and it would be, but it would be fine. Dorel seats can work well in backseats with huge slopes, so I'm not surprised by that. I'm thrilled to see that in the car it's no deeper than your True Fit.

Wendy

NannyMom

It looks way too reclined in the store. This seat is different than any of their others. The level line makes the seat more upright (i think Judi measured 35*). When the tiny fit is put in, that portion makes that part 45* for a newborn.

turtlemama

Awesome, thanks! Was that in the third or second position in the car?

That looks normal in the store. It looks super reclined with the TinyFit in there, and it would be, but it would be fine. Dorel seats can work well in backseats with huge slopes, so I'm not surprised by that. I'm thrilled to see that in the car it's no deeper than your True Fit.

Wendy

It's on the 2nd position. I really like it. I just wish the straps were thicker.
I tried him in the EasyFit 65(I think it was called that?) In the store and his head was already over the top of the shell by an inch or so. There was another one too, but I can't remember what it was called. It looks like it has the same shape shell as the Pria.

OT, my 6 year old could curl up and go to sleep in the BJCM. I reclined it back and was surprised! Too bad it won't fit in my car:/

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The headrest actually does go lower in the rf position without the TinyFit installed. Looking straight on at my Pria, it's about 3.5" from the top of the headrest to the top of the carseat.

ETA: What did your ds think of the headrest around his head? Too tight or not?

turtlemama

The headrest actually does go lower in the rf position without the TinyFit installed. Looking straight on at my Pria, it's about 3.5" from the top of the headrest to the top of the carseat.

ETA: What did your ds think of the headrest around his head? Too tight or not?
That's what I get for thinking the store guy knew what he was talking about. It was extremely hard to adjust it down. I thought that meant it was as far as it goes. We both tried pushing it down and it refused to budge. It makes sense now why the straps were still above!
He didn't mind for the couple minutes he was in it. He's not too concerned with whatever seat I put him in though, so it may or may not bother other kids.
The crotch buckle was a bit short.

turtlemama

No, I forgot my tape measure at home. I originally went there for a stroller (got a cute Lamaze umbrella stroller) and ended up trying out car seats too.

SignCuer

Ooo... I have a tape measure... I have a van....and I want to see how it will be installed in my van... if the top slots is like the CA, I want it! :D

Mags462

Random question - but what kind of latch anchors does it have? The "hook" kind ala graco or the red push button kind like the Britax/TF....

I assume its the former, but i thought i would ask... :D

wavegal

Random question - but what kind of latch anchors does it have? The "hook" kind ala graco or the red push button kind like the Britax/TF....

I assume its the former, but i thought i would ask... :D

I see the red push button in one of the pictures so going to say premium latch like the tf/britax

Mags462

I see the red push button in one of the pictures so going to say premium latch like the tf/britax

I swear i looked at those pics, and it wasn't until you pointed it out that i noticed :eek:

If this seat does have push button latches i am sold. Oh my dearest TF you may have met your match ;) Now of course if the First Years would rate the TF for 40lbs i would quickly return my loyalties, but man... that looks like a niiiice seat from the Dorel camp!

And since i love that you have a TF already OP - did you find the Pria as easy to install as the TF?

autumnlily

I was most impressed with the fact that it is NOT a continuous harness! The straps are fixed at the hips.

I didn't have a chance to play with it in any installation modes - but was very pleased with the hands on experience I did have at KIM.

SignCuer

I will be going to Toys R Us and Great Beginnings to look at the new seats... with 3 kids in tow :) 14 months old, 3 year old, and 4.5 year old.

I plan to try them in the Pria70 and the new seats and bring them out to the van and see what it's like... If there's anything you want me to try/measure.. let me know before 2pm :)

I will take pics and upload them as soon school is over at 8pm :)

Today is car-seat day!!! Haven't had one in a long while! :D :D :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC