Question Should i buy a new RF seat?

Bcfox26

Should I be looking to buy a new RF seat when my son grows too big to RF in his current seat? He is in an evenflo
Triumph that only goes to 35 lbs rear facing. He is currently a little over 2 and weighs about 29 lbs or so so we have time. My husband just thought I wad crazy for talking about saving for a new caraway that would Rear face longer.

What's your opinion and if you'd get a new seat what would it be?

ADS

Stelvis

I would just wait and see how much he gains. If he were three before hitting 35 lbs, personally I'd be okay turning him, but everyone is different and you wouldn't be crazy for trying to RF him longer.

I turned DS at 35 lbs because the only two options left for him RF (since he's tall and all torso) were the Radian or the CA, and I'm not really comfortable with either.

MaeganEmily

Wait. I jumped the gun and bought a Radian (had a Cowmoo classic Marathon) when DD was 31.5 lbs ... she didn't hit 35 clothed for a year. Kids slow down sooooo much around that age.

Phineasmama

I would wait as well, my personal minimum for FFing is 3 years old and I bet it will get you to more like 3 1/2 :)

hrice

I would wait till he gets closer to 35# and re-evaluate. News seats are awlays coming out anyway.

Bcfox26

Thanks everyone. I will just wait till he gets closer to see how long it'll last. I really domt want to turn him before 3 and most people think I'm nuts for it but I dont really care what they think when its my kid. ;)

bnsnyde

Ours only went to 30 so I did get a new seat. Child would not have even made it to 2. He'll be 30.5 lbs. on his second birthday!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Just chiming in to say I agree with waiting like everyone else said. My son was 25 pounds when he turned 2, and he's turning 3 in a month and he's just under 30 pounds now. So your guy could very easily make it to 3 and still be under 35!

Kat_Momof3

at not yet 30lbs at 2yrs old, I'd say he won't hit the limit until AT LEAST 3, probably 4yrs old... maybe a little longer.

As long as he has plenty of headroom to go (so he doesn't outgrow it by height, first), I would keep the seat you have.

Stelvis

On the other hand...DS was maybe 26 lbs when he turned 2, 29-30 lbs when I had my Radian issues and bought the TrueFit (April), and 35 lbs all of a sudden now (and he's grown 3 inches since last year too).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC