Unexpected Outcome! I LOVE our new radian!

arly1983

You guys remember when I got my first radian and how I couldn't try Camille in it because of the close latch anchors in the CRV prevented a good install RFing ?!?!? Anyway, thats what happened.

So I got a newer Radian to make a 3 across in my third row easy.

Jackson has been riding in it till his new, cooler, regent cover comes in the mail. Two things I learned with him, Radian does not cause awful rash with him :D and in the Windstar, he is somehow below the second from the top slots by a smidge.:confused: So lots of growing room compared to other seats.

So anyway, I was bored today, everyone asleep but me and Cammie and.....of course, I haven't installed the radian RFing yet so I must try it......

I am in LOVE:love: It fits her perfectly. It is SOO low, that lifting her in is a breeze. She didn't get any heat rash either. She has so much more room for her legs. Also didn't mind being more reclined.

Anyway, I am going to use it RFing for her and see what I think because just on this limited experience, I think that this might be her seat and we might have to get another one for the third row.

In the back of my mind, i am actually thinking of selling my two MAs(instead of just Jacksons) and getting another Radian for Jackson for my van (Regents with MIL and DH for preschool/therepy pikup and drop off) DO YOU THINK I AM FREAKIN CRAZY???

A few questions about the Radian, the things I love the most about it are my biggest worries:
1. The wings are so low and small how can they pretect a childs head in a wreck.
2. Lower profile; I somehow always thought the higher up the better in a crash.

Tell me what you think about the radian, esp anyone that has been using theirs long term or with a small child...

Picture308.jpg

Picture309.jpg

ADS

sugarwoman

Awesome!

I love our Radian too. I love how low profile it is. I think it is awesome for a little ones since the slots are so low. Only problem with mine is that now that I've had to move it to the third row of our Odyssey I'm having install problems. :( I'm actually thinking of selling it and getting a marathon. *sigh*

scatterbunny

Yes, your kids are SO precious! I can't help but grin from ear to ear when I see them. :D

Camille looks great in the Radian!

After finding out the harness is actually bolted to the seat and finding out about the fuzzing/fraying of the harness because of the buckle tongues, I am having a hard time liking the Radian, but knowing it installs well in the Windstar is a huge plus. Have you tried it in the third row yet?

doriansmummy

Cute baby!!!:love: Love her cubby cheeks and little chub legs!
Sounds like you your new seat.
We love our radian, minus the harness strap fraying on ours.:thumbsdown:
I think we could fit 3 in our ford focus which is tiny.

arly1983

Thanks, Jenny

Yes, though only in the middle FF and it is awesome there. There is SO much room on either side of it that I could fit nearly any seat or anyone I wanted to.

The fuzzies and the bolted harness (and costumer service) worry me too. I wonder if I would like the MA rfing better if I took off the HUGS.

LuvBug

definitely try it without the hugs, I couldnt stand our with them when rearfacing and they were hard to get use to for FFing as well. They are just different... and sticky(grabby) lol!

LuvBug

oh and doesnt the radian have a lifetime warantee? or is that the safeguard? or is that any seat? I could swear one of them does?!?!?!?!
If its the radian then I wouldnt worry so much about the harness since you know you can get a new one if anything happens, right?

arly1983

oh and doesnt the radian have a lifetime warantee? or is that the safeguard? or is that any seat? I could swear one of them does?!?!?!?!
If its the radian then I wouldnt worry so much about the harness since you know you can get a new one if anything happens, right?

I must go read their website. Maybe it is true!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I love your Radian photos. Seeing other's photos of seats installed is always helpful. We ordered the 80 model and I can't wait to get it and try it out. We also have a Marathon and Boulevard seat. I wonder how less bulky it is than the others.

scatterbunny

Thanks for letting me know it fits well FF in the middle of the third row--that's most likely where I'd want it, since it's a lapbelt-only spot. Oh, did you install it with LATCH or seatbelt? I can't remember if your Windstar is the same year as mine or a year or two newer?

arly1983

Mine is a 2004 and it was with the seatbelt but the seatbelt was a lap/shoulder belt with the recline foot out. It was not a snap but did go in very tight.

arly1983

I love your Radian photos. Seeing other's photos of seats installed is always helpful. We ordered the 80 model and I can't wait to get it and try it out. We also have a Marathon and Boulevard seat. I wonder how less bulky it is than the others.

It is SOO much less bulky (though weights about the same). And can I say, is the only carseat I ever want to sit next to if given a choice.

arly1983

Nope, not the radian:( Only a 1 year limited time warrenty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC