Question Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I would really like my son to have this car seat when he reaches the weight limit for his current one. We have an izi besafe X3, one of the few RF group 1 seats more easily available in the UK. Once he reaches the 18kg limit I am not happy for him to move into a booster that uses the adult seat belt and this is our only option if we buy here.

I wondered a) does anyone know a company that will ship this to the UK? and b) my car is a skoda fabia 2003 plate, I don't know if the isofix rings have a weight limit on them? In the radian manual it says you should check if the car is older than 2005... I'm not sure who I would check with?

Thanks

Lynne

ADS
S

silverblue79

That was my question, posted before my registration went through. Just wanted to clarify, we are wanting a radian XTSL, not sure why a link to a random page of car seats appeared in my post, sorry! :)

mommycat

I don't see the link now but have seen it when browsing the forum without logging in, so it must be one of those perks of registering to no longer get the adverstising. :)

I am not sure if you can find a retailer that ships seats out to the UK from either US or Canada. I know they won't ship car seats cross border from US to Canada but not sure if they check otherwise.

I am guessing that the isofix does have a limit though I can't speak for the design. My conservative guess would be that 40lbs (18kg) is the general design limit since your seats tend to only harness to that weight. The basic conservative value used here if you are unsure is 40lbs.

The SK SuperLatch supposedly allows use beyond that weight for anchors manufactured after a certain date in 2005 because the design was changed to make the anchors stronger, but I would probably still err on the side of caution in my own vehicles and use the manufacturer limit or 40 lbs. Then use seatbelt to install.

In fact, since the seat is designed with a top tether as part of its LATCH system, I would use the seatbelt for all FF installs unless your vehicle happens to have a top tether anchor as well.

How old is your child and how much does he currently weigh? Looks like you've already chosen a great seat for the time being! Is your child still RF?

mommycat

BTW, if you wanted to get an easily-shipped, EU-legal option, you could also look at getting one of the Swedish ERF seats (which allow RF, and some FF in the harness, beyond 18kg, I believe). I think the Britax Two Way Elite RF and FF in the harness to 55lbs? Check out some of these seat options at car-seat.se.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC