Since we where talking about crocs here recently - Payless Imitation Crocs Recalled

Connor's Mom

Payless ShoeSource, Inc., of Topeka, Kan., has recalled about 690,000 pairs of Children’s Airwalk® Compel Shoes. Plastic rivets used to attach the strap to the shoe can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. Payless has received one report of a child who began to choke on a detached rivet. No injuries have been reported.

This recall involves Airwalk® Compel clog shoes sold in prewalk sizes 3 through toddler size 10. The flexible shoes have air ventilation holes on the top and side and plastic rivets with the Airwalk® logo attached to the strap. Airwalk® and the shoe size are printed on the sole of the shoe. No other sizes, styles or models are included in this recall. The shoes were sold at Payless ShoeSource and Pamida stores nationwide and Payless.com from August 2006 through early April 2007 for about $13.

Consumers should take the shoes away from young children immediately and return them to the store where purchased for a refund or exchange. For additional information, call Payless at (800) 654-0697 between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Consumers can also visit the firm’s website atwww.payless.com.

ADS

mominabigtruck

I just bought those for ds in camo and he really likes them. I don't think there's any chance of him eating his shoes though.

Yoshi

My ex works at the corporate level at Payless and he told me about it- they have redesigned them and the new version will be out soon. The ones above a certain size were not recalled.

Food for thought- So much for those little do-dads people put on the real Crocs- they are choking hazards also for the under 3 set.

Yoshi

I am usually not a trend-follower (took me YEARS to buy a pair of Capri pants:p ) but I got a pair of crocs to slip on for the backyard- and I am constantly emptying leaves, grass, rocks and mulch that comes thru those openings at the toe level. I should have gotten the closed-design. Hmph!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
O/T, but we just discovered that the crocs we got DD1 a few weeks ago give her really bad blisters! :mad:

Oh wow, what model?

We're a croc (beach, mostly, some aspens) family here... each of us has at least a pair or two...no blisters at all, ever (where? how? I can't even fathom it, lol)

:)

lynsgirl

Oh wow, what model?

We're a croc (beach, mostly, some aspens) family here... each of us has at least a pair or two...no blisters at all, ever (where? how? I can't even fathom it, lol)

B has Target brand ones and if she wears them when we go out, she has to have socks on, because they give her blisters on her pinky toes and on the sides of her big toe. No, they aren't too small. I think they're just knock-off Crocs, that's what I think :D . I have Walmart knock-offs that don't bother my feet at all, blister-wise, so :confused: . I'd love the real ones, but for the time being, I couldn't beat $5 lol.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
B has Target brand ones and if she wears them when we go out, she has to have socks on, because they give her blisters on her pinky toes and on the sides of her big toe. No, they aren't too small. I think they're just knock-off Crocs, that's what I think :D . I have Walmart knock-offs that don't bother my feet at all, blister-wise, so :confused: . I'd love the real ones, but for the time being, I couldn't beat $5 lol.
Dh had to buy me my first pair, I'm WAY too cheap... Twenty Nine Bucks?!?!? Are you CRAZY!?!?!?! But it's like a Britax...once you get hooked, you just can't go back... :love:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have Quarks, which are like Crocs, only meant for boaters. I LOVE them!!! They are fabulous!!!! They are primarily dinghy shoes for me, but I do wear them other places from time to time.

These are the ones I have:

Last edited:

southpawboston

Oh wow, what model?

:)

caymen, in size 6/7 i believe. really bad blisters (almost dime-sized) on the bottom of each big toe. and she wore socks almost all the time with them. we're really bummed, because we thought we were finally set for the summer in terms of footwear (DD1 is notoriously hard to fit shoes, her feet are so wide... gets it from her mom :rolleyes: ).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
caymen, in size 6/7 i believe. really bad blisters (almost dime-sized) on the bottom of each big toe. and she wore socks almost all the time with them. we're really bummed, because we thought we were finally set for the summer in terms of footwear (DD1 is notoriously hard to fit shoes, her feet are so wide... gets it from her mom :rolleyes: ).

I weep for you, I really do. We went through this nightmare last year finding beach shoes (Lands End water whatevers or somethings.... they sucked for my kids :( )... blister central, and I LOVED those shoes, too (ahem, thought crocs were too expensive, lol)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I am usually not a trend-follower (took me YEARS to buy a pair of Capri pants:p ) but I got a pair of crocs to slip on for the backyard- and I am constantly emptying leaves, grass, rocks and mulch that comes thru those openings at the toe level. I should have gotten the closed-design. Hmph!

Me too. I bought a cheapo knockoff pair to wear in the back yard for gardening and had to hose them off big time after planting tomatoes the other day. They're very comfy but not as functional as I expected.

Erika Ruth

The brand I bought POPPED OFF. I found them on the floor. They were very dangerous. I bought them at Nordstrom's RACK, I just popped off the back strap and threw away the plastic clips. I called Nordstroms and told them about it. I didn't ask for a refund, as the shoes are FINE without it. But I thought that they should know about it.

The brand was Veet.

Erika

easterbun

I get blisters from my crocs too.. from the pivots for the straps. I have two pairs and one makes a blister on my left foot, and the other on the right. It's annoying, but a shot of spray antipersperant stops it, when I remember to use it... I still wear them all the time though ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC