Britax disc FPSV?

1girltwinboyz

March 26

Lifesavers news: Britax has discontinued production of the Fisher Price line of car seats. Britax representatives report that retailers were hesitant to stock the products on their shelves because they felt consumers expected more from a "Britax" product. Evenflo will be introducing a new Triumph and Titan recertified to 50 lbs. The weight limits will not be retroactive to older seats. Evenflo also now allows all their seats to be used next to side curtain airbags

I found the above online at carseatsite.com.

Is this true?

ADS

CandCfam

Supposedly about the FPSVD, and definitely true about the Triumph.

The FPSVD seats are still being produced currently though, because I've seen several posters who have ordered fairly recently that have very current DOMs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I asked the Britax Rep at Lifesaver's about the FP, too...she was rather cagey, like, 'this is probably all there is going to be, don't expect more...' but kind of left it open like maybe they'd keep selling them if there were demand... since there's so many 'new' ones coming from e-tailers, I suspect they may still be making them for that market? Only time will tell :)

Well, I've heard the rumors too, but I just got a "Welcome your baby home with the right stuff" type pamphlet from Fisher Price, and the only seat they even showed was the FPSVD, so they're still advertising it in print...but not on their website...weird. And I just ordered one!!! Yay!!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I actually just got an update on Tuesday from my contact at Britax about the FP SVD. They're still manufacturing them until their inventory of parts runs out. At that point, Britax will make the decision about whether or not to continue with the FP line. I told her how often they're being recommended and how well-liked they are, so let's hope that some increased sales will help change their minds.

mommycat

Evenflo also now allows all their seats to be used next to side curtain airbags

Off topic, but this made me pause. Are you not supposed to install seats next to side curtain airbags? Or was that just an Evenflo rule? I just bought a new car that has them (Civic), am I in trouble with this?!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Off topic, but this made me pause. Are you not supposed to install seats next to side curtain airbags? Or was that just an Evenflo rule? I just bought a new car that has them (Civic), am I in trouble with this?!
It was just a bizarre Evenflo rule...they are famous for that weirdness (if it weren't safe to put a seat next to a curtain airbag, there would NOT be lower LATCH anchors next to curtain airbags, know what I mean?)

:)

stefani

March 26

Lifesavers news: Britax has discontinued production of the Fisher Price line of car seats. Britax representatives report that retailers were hesitant to stock the products on their shelves because they felt consumers expected more from a "Britax" product. Evenflo will be introducing a new Triumph and Titan recertified to 50 lbs. The weight limits will not be retroactive to older seats. Evenflo also now allows all their seats to be used next to side curtain airbags

I found the above online at carseatsite.com.

Is this true?

:( That is too bad. I really like the FPSVD I got (DOM 17 April 2007, black / red cover from albeebaby). It is a little bit too upright FF is about the only (slightly) negative thing about it. The harness is smooth to release & tighten, installs well in my Camry, not too heavy, the cover is decent. The Marathon is nicer, but more expensive, so a lot more people are able to afford the FPSVD than the Marathon.

Since DS still has 0.5 inch or so in his Titan then I'll probably wait for the Triumph Advantage to come out. I like the Triumph 5 we have for FF, not RF (the knobs are hard to turn in cars with curved seats).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC