True Fit Recline Oddball?

focus00zetec

I ordered a True Fit Recline model #Y11206 Abstract Os color and received it today. When I first opened the box I noticed that the green looked to have more of a yellowish tint than the pictures I have seen online. Then I started noticing discrepancies in the seat itself and am now wondering if I got a new model that First Years has yet to announce or if I should send it back?

Items that I noticed:
- Easy Off Tag is in the lower section instead of upper
- Shoulder pads are all one color instead of outlined in black
- Insert only has pattern on one side (Bottom is all Yellowish-Green color)
- Warning Labels on the insert itself
- Padded cover for bottom harness latch
- Headrest says True Fit Recline instead of just True Fit.

Other than these differences the seat seems identical to what it should be.
Manufacture date is 03/23/2011

Here are the pictures that I am comparing to (Black/Green). Seems to be the same pictures on every website that I can find as well as what is on the box itself.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Recline-Convertible/dp/B002WN20FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1307083315&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The First Years True Fit Recline Convertible Car Seat, City Chic: Baby[/ame]

Here is what I received:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/focus00zetec/?action=view&current=2011-06-02_22-57-37_584.jpg
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i...tion=view&current=2011-06-02_22-56-25_520.jpg

So the question is, did I get a real True Fit Recline? If I did, why is it so different from the stock photos posted everywhere?

ADS

mommyfrog

What's the manufacture date? It says True Fit Recline right on it, so I wouldn't be worried about that at all. It is a True Fit Recline.

focus00zetec

Manufacture date is 03/23/2011

I'm not trying to argue the fact that its a real True Fit, but I find it odd that I would get one that doesn't match any of the stock photos. Since these items most likely get streamlined through a factory, it just doesn't make sense to me to have a one-off carseat cover and insert. Now if First Years released a new pattern or cover, than great, but my main concern is putting my child into a seat that is not safe. Do they even make knockoff True Fits? I guess I'm just very puzzled by the fact that its sooo different from any others I have seen.

TerisBoys

The ones in the photos could be prototypes. I honestly wouldn't be worried about changes like that, or it being a counterfeit. For instance, Graco often uses photos of seats without warning labels/brand labels on website - but that's not what comes out of the box.

If the shell itself was different, I'd worry. But what you're saying/showing is really mostly cosmetic. If you're truly concerned, call Learning Curve/First Years and ask them.

http://www.thefirstyears.com/Convertible-Car-Seats/True-Fit-Recline-Abstract-Os That one doesn't even show the insert. There's a Contact Us link at the bottom.

Spam

It's not really different. They now put what true fit it is on the headrest, my city chic says true fit recline also. I'm pretty all the inserts are solid on one side, some on both. The warning labels on the inserts is normal too. Stock photos are often just slightly different than the real thing, and color is off a lot of time.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Are you sure that's the model number? That's the only thing I would be concerned about. My guess is that's the serial number or something, since the Recline is model C650 (the regular is C630, and the Premier is C670).

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC