3-across questions.....

Momof4Girls

I have 2 vehicles and a few combos of seats to throw out there, see if anyone has tried any combo of these. Here are the 5 kids to "play" with, and stats.

8.5 yo DD1: 51" and 48lbs, at the top slots on the Regent, just moved to a booster full time.

almost 7 y/o DD2: 47.75" and 48lbs, almost out of the Regent (about an inch below top slots), still harnessed in a Regent full time, regularly rides in boosters as secondary seats.

5.5 y/o DD3 (SN): 41.25" (ty, feeding tube!) and 35.5lbs, normally RF in a RN, sometimes FF in a BLVD or Regent, planning to start booster training.
almost 4 y/o DD4: 38", 28lbs, RF in a BLVD, sometimes RF in RN.

22mos DS: 31", 21lbs RF in a MCP

The seats I have available are: 1 Regent, 1 BLVD, 1 RNXTSL, 1 Monarch, 1 MCP, and I have access to 2 old-style PWs

The 2 vehicles are an '01 or '02 F150 and a 2010 Hyundai Sonata. I'm not sure how many LATCH positions there are in either vehicle, or if they allow center "borrowing" of LATCH positions. Only one of our home vehicles has LATCH, and it doesn't hold all of us, so we seldom use LATCH at all. I am unwilling to install the RNXTSL using LATCH in another car, due to the issue of it coming loose, and not having time to check on it in those vehicles. I have not attempted a RN install in either of the vehicles in question, so my first question would be is a RN compatible with those vehicles, and how much difficulty is there? At 5.5 and her weight, I am willing to turn the RN FF, if need be, to do a 3-across, but would need to use a seatbelt install.

The funds are lacking to buy any new seats, except possibly putting my oldest DD in a backless to make buckling easier, IF that would even help. For that, I could either use the Monarch backless, or buy a cheapy backless Harmony or TB or something.

This is for a trip planned for me to have surgery, and the goal being to leave 3 kids with my dad, and 2 kids with dh's mom....possibly reversing that (2 with my dad and 3 with MIL) If we leave 3 with MIL instead, need to do 3-across in a newer Jeep Liberty ('08 or '09, I think, model year). The 2 PWs live at her house as seats for the older 2 girls to use while there. I may be trying to swap out one PW and replace it with a backless to start booster training DD3, not sure yet.

Thanks in advance!!

ADS

Marinesfamily5

I would like to know about 3 across in a liberty too!
We want to get a diesel 06 jeep liberty. But also need 3 across.

bump :thumbsup:

Chely7425

I just saw this so I will try and give some insight :) We have a 2010 Jeep Liberty and have done a fair number of 3 acrosses in it. Right now we have Nauti/KF/RF RN. You are going to have a harder time with the older body style tho, it has an even smaller back seat. What ages of kids do you need to do a 3 across with?

Chely7425

Duh, just looked at your siggy... 2 regents and a decathalon will in no way fit. At all. You could probably do RF RN/FF RN/RF RN(or booster?)

luckyclov

I can't see a 3 across working in a Liberty with any of the seats you have available. MAYBE the 2 old-style PWs and the RN (rear-facing).

We used to have an '09 Liberty. Our 3 across was very, very tight - highback Monterey - RF CCO - highback Monterey.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC