Does BRU still let you take a seat out to your car

mayamac

I think I read that they wouldn't let someone, or maybe it is just if you are lucky.

I'm thinking about trying out a Frontier to see if it would fit in a 3 across.

ADS

sunnymw

They told me on the phone that they would not let me... then I showed up at the store saying someone from corporate 800# said I could and the manager sent an employee to help me take four seats out :)

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Call and talk to someone in Customer Service. The associates are not always aware of the policy.

ProudMommysince09

We have two stores close by, so after one store shot me down I went to the other one and they let me take one out with an employee helping me. I thought it was odd of the first store but maybe just depends on the individual stores policy.
Btw OP, if you have a BuyBuy Baby in the area they will pricematch albeebaby.com where the Frontier is only 209.99 right now!

Baylor

We have two stores close by, so after one store shot me down I went to the other one and they let me take one out with an employee helping me. I thought it was odd of the first store but maybe just depends on the individual stores policy.
Btw OP, if you have a BuyBuy Baby in the area they will pricematch albeebaby.com where the Frontier is only 209.99 right now!

Realllllllly??? Do you need to bring anything or just mention Albeebaby?

Mae

I have two kind of by me. One refuses, the other allows it as long as you give them your license.

jennzee

I've always been allowed, usually with an employee. The last time, I took a Frontier out and wanted to try out the long belt path. The young employee was standing over my shoulder the whole time telling me he didn't think I needed to put the belt that way and looked at me like I was crazy when I said it's an alternate routing suggested by Britax in some seating positions and totally legit. I was OK with him having to come out to the car with me while I had the seat, but I didn't appreciate him hovering and trying to offer advice about something he clearly had little knowledge of.

ProudMommysince09

Baylor said:
Realllllllly??? Do you need to bring anything or just mention Albeebaby?

All you need to do is tell the associate at the check out that you want to pricematch albeebaby. They will look it up and print out the ad from the website and your done! :)

Dillipop

My BRU let me take out a seat. However, she made me go move my car up to the fire lane and then brought the seat out. I had all 3 kids with me. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, my 7 yo and 4 yo listen well. I left them with the carriage with dd in her seat in the basket and got the car. They sat on the ledge of the window with 10 feet of sidewalk between them and the lot. The lot is small and I could see the kids the entire time. The car was maybe 50 feet away.

She stood around while I tried out the seat. I told her I was trying the shuttle because I was having a hard time finding a convertible to fit. Then I remembered that someone said the titan was good with 3 across. She took the shuttle back in and brought me the titan to try.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC