Dale Jr seat...

Baylor

So at walmart they had one of these out of the box today. So I looked at it. I can not see how a child of 65 lbs is ever going to fit in this seat..

I took one without my son and then with him..

dalejrseat.jpg

The top slots are visible. I tried to move the headrest up but it takes some effort and I was not in the mood..

dalejrseatei.jpg

My son is above the top slot. He is 43 lbs. In the GN he has 1/2 inch to go on the second to last harness slot. So I still have 3 " ?? I guess? I am not sure what the space between harness height is in GN.

Now I know my just turned 3 yr old is a biggun but my almost 7 yr old is 54 lbs and still can be harnessed in the GN. There is no way in this seat.

The price was 159. and change.. The GN which will last much longer is 145 at walmart presently.. so no deal there either..

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

My local Walmart also has this seat and they have selling a bunch. For almost the same price they can get a Nautilus which is I think a better buy, but that is just my :twocents:
But then again, this seat does have decent top harness height/65lb. so really, its better then some of the others. Plus, from what I have seen it makes a decent booster. So if its going to keep kids harnessed longer, that is a good thing!

Baylor

My local Walmart also has this seat and they have selling a bunch. For almost the same price they can get a Nautilus which is I think a better buy, but that is just my :twocents:
But then again, this seat does have decent top harness height/65lb. so really, its better then some of the others. Plus, from what I have seen it makes a decent booster. So if its going to keep kids harnessed longer, that is a good thing!

I agree. I think that for parents not really seat savvy it may give them a reason to harness longer , I just don't see a kid 65 lbs in it.. They may even booster longer because of the DJ and SB seat.

christineka

It has the same top slot height as the Evenflo Generations 65, but it makes a good booster, whereas the generations does not. For the cost, something else would be better, but the kidsembrace is not that horrible. There are many, many car seats on the market that harness to a higher limit than a kid would actually fit. Recaro Prosport, Evenflo Titan, Generations65, radian 80 and xt, comfortsport, coccoro, etc, etc.

Also, some kids like mine are short torsoed and would last longer. My 53 pound 8 year old would have only recently outgrown the seat, harnessed.

mamom

I don't think this would be my favorite seat but if it will get a 2-4 year old harnessed rather than in a LBB (as in my area) then GO SEAT

firemomof3

When I tried ds in this seat a few weeks ago he still had some growing room. And he turns 4y/o next week. There are some pics somewhere of it in booster mode, it was nice :)

monica-m

CPST Instructor
That is one creepy looking seat. I will have to look for it next time I am at Walmart but our Walmart has a crappy seat section.

Rebelnicky04

My Wal-Mart never gets any of these new seats in... Or my Sams.... and we never have the cool online returns at Target either :( I guess I live in redneck ville where 90% of the population boosters their kids at the latest by 3 and all children are forward facing by 1 at the latest. :thumbsdown:

dneul

Isn't that the same seat as the Sponge bob seat but just a different color and cover? Look at the drink holders. They are hands. That is just a bit creepy.

Ladyl

Yeah they are the same seat with different colors and covers. They are the Kids Embrace seats. They sort of creep me out too.:eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC