Need 3rd seat

U

Unregistered

I am having a third child soon and we were planning on getting a minivan. That plan had to be put on hold so now I need a way to get 3 carseats accross in my car. I have a 1997 land cruiser... no latch. We have not been able to get a tight fit with a Radian so that is out. Right now I have a Frontier FF. I want to keep that if possible. The baby will be in a Graco snugride. The other seat is a Britax FF Roundabout (not sure how much longer that will work heightwise). I can get the three to work with the snugride in the middle but am not really sure how I will get the snugride in and out of the middle. Any ideas on a good seat to replace the Roundabout with that would puzzle well between a Frontier and Snugride? The Snugride is almost 4 yrs old and is the model that only goes up to 22lbs (not sure if the newer ones are bigger).

ADS
U

Unregistered

Sorry, should have included that.

4yrs: 34lbs
Almost 3yrs: 27lbs

Also, can't get the Frontier to work in the center seat so that has to be on outside.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Did you try the Radian rear or forward facing? Your two year old is currently forward facing and about to outgrow the Roundabout by torso height? Just wanted to double check that.

If your two year old is going to stay forward facing I'd look at an Evenflo Maestro. If rear facing or going back to rear facing, I'd look at the Safety 1st Complete Air.

If your middle child is going to stay rear facing, put that child in the middle if you can, as they're going to be the least safe person in the car.

In addition to fitting seats, you are not able to get top tethers retrofitted in your car. I would make every effort to turn your two year old back rear facing. It's SO much safer in its own right, and then forward facing without a top tether at such a young age could be very bad. I'd even see about selling your Frontier and turning your four year old back rear facing for a year or two (then pass that seat down to the baby), or until you get *any* vehicle with top tethers, minivan or not.

Wendy

momtoo3

If your middle child is going to stay rear facing, put that child in the middle if you can, as they're going to be the least safe person in the car.

I think, but correct me if I'm wrong that she meant IF your middle child is going to stay Forward Facing put that child in the middle, as they are the least protected. Rear facing is safer than forward facing :).

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC