Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Jessie78's Avatar

2000 Odyssey, 2nd row anchor points, help me CPS Darren!!!!!

Hi there, I'm in NZ and have now got a 2000 Ody, I've looked under the 2nd row captains chairs for anchor points and have scoured your page on this topic, but all it has is the bar underneath, not that bracket thing to clip to.

I can't Swedish tether with my seats, all I can do with my Britax Safe&Sound Guardian is tether Aussie styles. (The Scenera is ok of course). At the moment I've got the Guardian using the 3rd row belt as an anchor,

but this is only temporary. I've found the three 3rd row sill anchors, and could theoretically tether to those with extension straps. But this isn't much use if I carry kidlets in the 3rd row - I still have no anchors for the 2nd row if you get what i mean?

Any thoughts? Could I use a bolt from a hardware store on the bar (please don't shoot me, just just a thought) then clip onto that? I'm gutted it doesn't have that bracket like your pics do.

Thanks
    Xander 5.2yrs, 40lb FF in a Britax Marathon
    Emily 3.4yrs, 30lb FF in a Cosco Scenera
    Darien stillborn 16th June 08
    Lorelai 8mo, 16lb RF in an Evenflo Tribute

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2000 Odyssey, 2nd row anchor points, help me CPS Darren!!!!!

In USA/Canada models, the top tether anchor is a part welded to the frame under the seat. It's unlikely that a dealer could retrofit this for you unless the design is different.

Your best option might be to get a heavy duty tether anchor kit and install it into the floor behind or under the captain's chair. This would require some drilling so you might want to see if a shop or experienced mechanic will do it unless you are comfortable with doing that yourself. The LATCH manual from Safe Ride News has a very good section about installing your own tether anchors when no factory location exists.

Some restraint manufacturers like EZ-On have heavy duty anchor kits, like their #100H ( http://www.ezonpro.com/products/accessories.shtml ) that also includes basic instructions.

CPS Fanatic

it should be noted that the odyssey in NZ is not the same vehicle as in the US, so any information that pertains to a US odyssey specifically may not apply. i think they are built on entirely different platforms and have very few interchangeable parts, with litle more than the names being the same.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

In the off chance that it is like the 1st generation 1995-1998 USA/Can Odyssey, there might be locations for anchors under the carpet trim behind the second row.

Thanks so much for your help guys. I'll let my friend (original poster) know what you've said. She looked under the seats in the second row and couldn't find a factory installed anchor point like in the pictures she's seen on the odyssey page
    Bonnie, Mum to a (38lb) 3 year old rear-facing in a Brio Zento (Black)
    and a (40lb) 4 1/2 year old in a Booster in New Zealand.