Anyone seen the Visit KC commercial?

solmama

It just came on my TV so I thought I'd write. The commercial features an family heading home after an exhausting trip to Kansas City. Mom is driving, dad is asleep and so are two kids in the back seat. The kids, maybe 5 and 7 are only buckled in and shown slumping over in their belts. So much for safety! What are the laws in KC (Missouri and Kansas)? Are kids required to be in car seats? Should the tourism people be advocating safety?

ADS

lovinwaves

I am from Kansas City and have not seen that commercial yet. Hmm...I am going to try and find it on the web. But, Missouri has some of the best Carseat Laws in the Country.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I haven't seen that commercial either...of course we probably won't though since they are promoting tourisim and since we live here they aren't going to be marketing at us.

Missouri & Kansas just enacted booster laws within the last year or so, and they're pretty good, but I'm still seeing lots of people who think they are beyond the laws. :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC