TELL ME ABOUT ...Sunshine Kids Radian 65 & 80

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
They are the same seat, same slot heights...the 80 is no taller than the 65, and neither lasts many kids longer than 45-50 inches tall, age 6 or 7. The 80 does come with nice infant padding. We discuss it at length on this board, try a search in the google box on the bottom of the page :)

Megieblue

Hey Julie!

Is one seat wider than the other. I'm wondering if perhaps I could fit the 65 with a Marathon and an Advantage in the 2nd row of my XC90.

Thanks!

Jen

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
The 65 and 80 are the same seat shell (although the 80 might be reinforced differently). So, the same width.

You'd have to play with it, but I find that the Radian works well in the same direction as the Britax seat and the Britax seats tend to mesh well when one is FF and one is RF.

What directions do you need your seats? You might be able to get RF advantage, FF MA, FF RN.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hi Jen!!!

Yeah, really the same, both incredibly narrow, I just don't know for sure if they work in that car (try target.com, if it totally doesn't work, you can return it to a B&M store, at least).

If you're not into the Parkway, try a Jane Indy or Monarch... or Recaro Start...more stable and confining ;)

gwenvet

??
Do you recommend? Whats the difference?

They are both very similar. The 80 I believe has additional reinforcements which allow the higher weight limit. Also, they allow you to use the 80 for a certain ammount of height AFTER the shoulders are above the highest harness slot (FF). The concern from many on this forum is that when harnesses are used in this situation, crash forces would/could result in spinal compression. I have no idea how Sunshine Kids addresses this issue, but would be REALLY interested to hear their comments. Because of this concern, many here feel that the 80 is a waste of money because they wouldn't use it once the shoulders are above the top harness.
Are you interested in it for your youngest? What car will it be installed in? Latch or seatbelt, RF or FF?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Aw, thanks... Now the new Maxi Cosi and Combi and Recaro convertibles need to come out so I can update her page there, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC