Mini-van, SUV, Truck.. what???

M

Mommy2Cias

This is mostly just out of curiosity b/c we just bought a house and can't afford a new vehicle just yet.

We will be replacing DH's 2000 Ford Ranger-reg. cab, basic bottom of the line truck. We need something we can fit a rf RA into. DS is almost 20 months and about 21 lbs., so he'll be rf forever-litteraly. LOL...

Anyway, I'm looking at a Chevy Tahoe, a big 4x4 truck w/extended cab (preferably 4 doors if I can talk dh into it) or a something along those lines.. btw, it has to be a ford or chevy. Dh won't buy anything else. Safety wise, room wise, wwyd? We do haul things and will be using it in the mountains...

any ideas?????

Thanks,

Janice

ADS

mamamia

Have you considered a minivan with a tow-package?

I love my Sienna, and the captain's cahirs recline making it even more comfortable for those older rfing kids. I have a 19 month old 22lb rf DD. She is falling rapidly off the growth charts, so she too will be rear-facing forever :)

M

Mommy2Cias

Thanks for the replies, but...

We really want a 4-wheel drive truck and it has to be a ford or chevy... dh only buys American made cars.

I was thinking about a Tahoe, or suburban or even just a good extended cab truck....

Thanks,

Janice

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I would just try to find the biggest back seat you can afford on a pickup... I know Strollerqueen has an Avalanche and loves it, but I would think you could fit an RF RA in many models of extended cap p/u (lol...make it a "fun field trip day" one day...go try a few out!)
Too funny you should ask that, since a friend of my friend's up in the mountains just asked me the same thing, so it's been on my mind for a day or 2...I'll look into it a little for her and pass the info along to you, too :)

mamamia

My father drives an avalance. The tether anchors are nearly impossible to get to...they are buried kind of underneath the back seat, but the back seat is very roomy, and we've but lots of different car seats in the back (FF and RF), and they fit great!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The question is, what is an American made truck? Is it a Ford F-150 that is made in Cuautitlan, Mexico with an engine from Ontario, Canada? Perhaps it is a Chevy Suburban/Avlanche/Tahoe/Yukon made in Silao, Mexico? Maybe a Toyota Tundra made at their Princeton, Indiana facility or soon to be at their new Toyota plant in San Antonio, Texas?

To be sure, the same model may be made in many plants, and have components from other countries also. It can be very difficult to determine if a Ford or GM really has higher domestic content than a Honda or Toyota, and the stickers don't always tell the full story. In fact, two nearly identical models sitting next ot each other on the lot may have different content and assembly plants; not always reflected in the stickers on the windows...

If you are buying to promote domestic jobs, be sure to do your research as carefully as you would do for safety.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC